By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One price : inflation adjusted for PS3 comparison

No amount of spin can make 499,- a good price. And no, I'm not going to get a second job.

Around the Network

Lol. Everyone points out kowe is doing something wrong and he feels offended?

Sorry for bad English.

Ok, it is not "PS3 expensive"; but it is still expensive.

Let's wait and see how Sony will price PS4.

kowenicki said:

I used to agree with you then someone pointed out that wages haven't increased, so it's still the same x% of people's income. That's been brought up here and you haven't addressed it?

I paid 550$ for my ps3 in 2007, poor people heuheuheuheuheu

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

YAWN....
were we in a global recession on 2007?

gook luck with that price buddy

HesAPooka said:
$500 US plus tax should be around $530 plus live at say $35 per year comes to $800 over 7 years without games.

Point? Gaming itself is all about throwing your money away.

Live haz free gamez now

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

love the damage control, throwing in Live fees per year to make up for it.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
HesAPooka said:
$500 US plus tax should be around $530 plus live at say $35 per year comes to $800 over 7 years without games.

Point? Gaming itself is all about throwing your money away.

Live haz free gamez now

For 14 months until they decide if they want to keep it that way. The first month isn't looking so good.

That price is hilarious for the UK. Living standards have dropped, less disposable income than in 2007.

£429 now is more to a lot of families than £425 was when the PS3 launched, and people refused to pay that for it back then, even with a Blu-ray drive in it (the average Blu-ray player back then was almost as much as the PS3 so it had a 2 pronged appeal too and was the best Blu-ray player on the market)

If Sony coming from their dominance with the PS2 couldn't convince people to shell out £425... how MS think they'll convince people to shell at £429 I'll never know.

For the record, if Sony float a similar retail price, it'll be the first time in a while I've picked up no console at launch. It'd also give Nintendo a big boon if they deliver the goods in Q4 as people really will think twice before buying a system at that price.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.