By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Possible Solution to Game Rentals

I guess you missed the thread that said they have no plans for rentals and never will.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

As of right now the only way to rent games for consoles is disc base. What if say Gamefly came up with a digital rental service. For X amount of money you can rent a game for 48+ hrs, and after that set amount of time the game will erase off your harddrive. Similar to how you can rent movies from XBL marketplace. With the whole required internet connection for X1 I can see this being a possible solution to renting games. Gamefly can continue to do game rental how they are now with with 360,PS3, Wii, and WiiU games. I didn't label PS4 yet because we are still uncertain exactly how Sony will handle it. 

lol, like MS would let someone else do digital rentals on their platform.  if there are game rentals of that type you'll be renting from MS. 

no rentals.  used game only at approved retailers.  fees can be applied in order to exercise your right to sell your property.  possible total blocking of game reselling.  all games account locked.  24 hour DRM checks. xbl subscriptions for online content.  the cloud to turn offline content into online content.

this is a power grab..