By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - making SSBB (Sony STYLE)... Please, add your own

It does seem like it would be... odd.

To have al lot of these super serious characters with a Brawl like engine and gameplay.

Really they'd probably have to use a more conventinal fighting system... otherwise it'd be well... silly.

Around the Network

See the thing is I only recognise half the characters.... with SSBB only the Fire Emblem characters, Metaknight and King Dedede, and Lucas are unfamiliar.

>To have al lot of these super serious characters with a Brawl like engine and gameplay.

Oh god no, you'd bet it won't be "Brawl like engine". Maybe they will use that engine for the PS2/PSP version of the game, but it will probably use the engine used in GT5.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I'm fairly certain you haven't beaten Final Fantasy 7.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

You guys actually think a Sony fighter could compete with Smash Bros. Nintendo has much more great characters than Sony ever could.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Remember when Sony tried to make Crash the "next Mario/Sonic"

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

supermario128 said:
You guys actually think a Sony fighter could compete with Smash Bros. Nintendo has much more great characters than Sony ever could.

Sony can make a bunch clones, too.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

kingofwale said:
>To have al lot of these super serious characters with a Brawl like engine and gameplay.

Oh god no, you'd bet it won't be "Brawl like engine". Maybe they will use that engine for the PS2/PSP version of the game, but it will probably use the engine used in GT5.

^Missed the point

The idea is that all these very serious characters would seem well out of place if put in a Smash Brothers game.  Not sure how a Racing Sim game engine could easily be applied to a brawler game, but that may just be me.  

Can't say I agree or disagree with the intelligent half of what is above, because someone may have said the same thing about the first smash brothers.

It also seems like there would be a ton of clone characters with the list that is being compiled...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

>Remember when Sony tried to make Crash the "next Mario/Sonic"

yeah, they gave up that and made PS1 and PS2 100 million seller. While N64 and Gamecube... and Sega....

;), You can't win them all. Crash was a cool character, it was just not milked enough

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I have all crash games and loved them all

^_^