By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB NA- Gamespot Anecdote

I live in Norway, my local stop had 250 SMGs, the next day they had 238.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Crap, double post, and I managed to report it too :(

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

^was this yesterday, or a Galaxy's launch-

on topic- I could easily see the amount of Brawl Preorders doubling when the commercials hit the air. Those stores that have 110 now will have 200-300 come March 9th. That is, of course, if the do not stop taking preorders before then.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I've had mine pre-ordered since probably around September-ish so all I know is I'm getting a copy when it comes out.

And I do actually believe that Gamestop's are getting pre-orders near or above 100. Assuming each Gamestop will have 100 pre-orders (pretty realist since some will get more and others will get less) with 5000 Gamestops that's going to 500,000 first from Game Stop alone.

Add Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy and SSBB will easily break 750k on the first day or two and will break a million within the first week.

Pity us poor Europeans, we cant even pre-order. Knowing our luck it will be Christmas by the time it comes out.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
lol@ dmeister

Nintendo was a tendency to undership.. this is not microsoft/ halo situation where they SHIP like 5 million day 1. I will be SHOCKED if nintendo ships 2 million.

I'd say it's more likely that the problem is retailers underordering. Many retailers use preorders to determine how many copies of each title to order, but that can be a misleading metric since there are likely substantial differences in the demographics of gamers who habitually preorder games and those who rarely or never preorder games. Nintendo tends to sell to a fairly demographically broad audience, while I'm fairly certain that the habitual preorderers are a relatively narrow demographic.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
twesterm said:
I've had mine pre-ordered since probably around September-ish so all I know is I'm getting a copy when it comes out.

And I do actually believe that Gamestop's are getting pre-orders near or above 100. Assuming each Gamestop will have 100 pre-orders (pretty realist since some will get more and others will get less) with 5000 Gamestops that's going to 500,000 first from Game Stop alone.

Add Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy and SSBB will easily break 750k on the first day or two and will break a million within the first week.

That is assuming that there are no preorders between now and March 9th... I could easily see this number double as the hype builds in NA.....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

it is not surprising for a midnight launch - I mean, it prob the biggest game of this year. SBBB is prob gonna sellout the first day and possibly for the first time for any game, u can't walk into the store on launch day and buy a copy

BenKenobi88 said:
Sooo many people say Gamespot...I can't edit the title though.

Anyway, damn...I better preorder my game now.

omfg, can you imagine if each special edition had a 6" figurine of one of the characters...wonder how many copies of the game they could sell to a single person who wanted every figurine =P

Yikes. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
BenKenobi88 said:
Man...if Nintendo made "special editions" of their big releases...they'd make a few extra truckloads of cash...and while it'd be cool to have a big Brawl artwork book or collectible stuff, I'm glad Nintendo doesn't sell out in that matter...$50 is enough for a game typically. For Brawl though...I dunno, I could spend a LOT of money.

Yeah, same here, like the $60 dollar edition would come with some concept art, a disc with Sakurai telling the making of the game process or something, then for the $120 dollar Legendary Edition would be a Mario cap and a huge hammer like the one in the game.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000