By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
PooperScooper said:
I understand what you are talking about. You are saying the reflections off the water and buildings and atmosphere are too realistic for the avatar. Like there should be a gust of wind blowing through his hair. But what I'm saying is if this hipster was in a better environment for the style he is supporting(like a mall) it wouldn't be that noticeable/out of place. He would have a chameleon type effect.(blending in)

thats not what i mean at all, and i realise this is too hard to explain, so i won't bother

Around the Network

Better than the previous shots, but yes, still too sterile(either that or they wandered too close to the uncanny valley). At any rate it looks MUCH better than Second Life and it's ilk.

Actually for those wondering why the avatar looks kind of... not so well modeled, it's because the customization feature. You can't have a fully customizable character with hundreds of variations and make it look like an art render. It happens with all games that have customizable characters.

For me personally this is like a double edged thing. It looks fine and well but I can't see myself paying much attention to it. Mainly because I just never get into total customization. I like miis because they're not hyper realistic and don't take hours for me to be satisfied with. I'm a perfectionist at heart and these things tend to take me days sometimes even weeks to set up just so that I'm happy which kinda damages the fun for me lol

Ok...so here's what I think.

They should have just merged Little Big Planet with this.

Go with the whole real time 3-d world with the cute little gunny sack characters/obstacle courses. Then I would be excited about a Second Life lite.

Around the Network

more pics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

*****************************************Double Post*******************************************

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Girl Gamer Elite said:
This will be the best selling game ever.

Seriously GGE, you need to leave this thread and pretty much this forum in general. You're a troll. Consider this a warning.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I have to admit I'm ignorant on this, is Home gonna be a downloaded software or do you have to buy it like typical games? Also they're gonna charge for this?

souixan said:
I have to admit I'm ignorant on this, is Home gonna be a downloaded software or do you have to buy it like typical games? Also they're gonna charge for this?

No, it's a free service.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/