By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Keep in mind that ~95% of the people using this will be men. So you'll have lots of male characters and some female characters controlled by men. When all of the men realize this, it will remove some of the appeal because a lot of the appeal, especially the appeal to casual gamers, would be in socializing including that with the opposite sex.

Around the Network

+ for Lingyis !

(what is this protein that u use as avatar ?)

Time to Work !

I have to say, Home increases my interest in getting a PS3

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Chrizum said:
Wow, looks bad.

It totally lacks any kind of style or atmosphere.

What what what?

I think it looks great. Seems awesome just to chill there. 

Looks neat. The water looks nice.

Will you actually be able to use those sailboats though? Thaaaat'd be neat.

Around the Network
Lingyis said:
interesting.

if the second life people jump on board sony would have a smash hit on its hands.

That's a big if, which (likely) won't happen ...

"One of the distinguishing characteristics of Second Life is that the Residents, not Linden Lab, create most of the content of the world. The Resident avatars are one example of such user-generated content."

"There is a 3D modeling tool in Second Life that allows any Resident with the right skills to build virtual objects: buildings, landscape, vehicles, furniture, and machines to use, trade, or sell. This is a primary source of activity in the economy. Any Resident can also make gestures from small animations and sounds from the standard library. Outside Second Life, Residents can use various graphics, animation, and sound tools to create more elaborate objects, and upload them into the world."

I can't wait!!!!! And what are you guys talking about? It looks GREAT for what it is, look at the character detail in the 4th pic, its gonna be off the hook when its released.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

The marina looks awesome. Sadly I am not interested in Second-Life style software. But it looks really nice.

HappySqurriel said:
Lingyis said:
interesting.

if the second life people jump on board sony would have a smash hit on its hands.

That's a big if, which (likely) won't happen ...

"One of the distinguishing characteristics of Second Life is that the Residents, not Linden Lab, create most of the content of the world. The Resident avatars are one example of such user-generated content."

"There is a 3D modeling tool in Second Life that allows any Resident with the right skills to build virtual objects: buildings, landscape, vehicles, furniture, and machines to use, trade, or sell. This is a primary source of activity in the economy. Any Resident can also make gestures from small animations and sounds from the standard library. Outside Second Life, Residents can use various graphics, animation, and sound tools to create more elaborate objects, and upload them into the world."

Let's not forget that Second Life is free and will run on damned near anything built post-2002.

I keep looking at Home and I keep failing to see why it's a big deal. Frankly, to me, it looks boring and the resources Sony used to make it could have been put to better use on PSN, XMB, and online functionality.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

fazz said:
Looks like some architecture software to me... but seems... I don't know... dead?

Is supposed to have thousands of people around, right? If that's the case, then it would feel much better.

Character's seem standard.

Keep in my mind that Home isn't actually up yet, I'm sure the first week it is out you'll be seeing it fill up fast.