By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New HOME Images

twesterm said:
Goddbless said:
Looks like The Sims 2 Online. Speaking of which those pics just made me wanna reinstall The Sims 2 on my PC.

I was actually thinking of that last night. Home really does look less like a Second Life knockoff (as someone previously mentioned) and more like a Sims knockoff.

The problem with this is that the Sims actually has goals and gameplay while Home is nothing more than a portal. Sure, the Sims goals are all user defined, but they are still there and give you a reason for being there. Home is a portal to your media, games, or chat room and that's it.

And I'm done typing for the day, my Celtic Woman: A New Journey DVD arrived today so it's time to listen to my bad music and clean.

its more like a sims clone than a Second Life clone but with the gameplay of Portal?

Now that sounds cool. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
twesterm said:
Goddbless said:
Looks like The Sims 2 Online. Speaking of which those pics just made me wanna reinstall The Sims 2 on my PC.

I was actually thinking of that last night. Home really does look less like a Second Life knockoff (as someone previously mentioned) and more like a Sims knockoff.

The problem with this is that the Sims actually has goals and gameplay while Home is nothing more than a portal. Sure, the Sims goals are all user defined, but they are still there and give you a reason for being there. Home is a portal to your media, games, or chat room and that's it.

And I'm done typing for the day, my Celtic Woman: A New Journey DVD arrived today so it's time to listen to my bad music and clean.

its more like a sims clone than a Second Life clone but with the gameplay of Portal?

Now that sounds cool.

Portal as in a portal to your media, not Portal as in the game Portal.  :-p

twesterm said:
Faxanadu said:
twesterm said:
Goddbless said:

Now that sounds cool.

Portal as in a portal to your media, not Portal as in the game Portal. :-p

yeah i got that. it was just such a nice word play opportunity that couldnt be missed...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

What the hell is the big deal about achievements anyway?! I'll never understand that...

Does this have a release date yet?