By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us first Multiplayer Gameplay

Meh looked boring.

I will be sticking to single player if this game doesn't have more modes

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Bullet sponges...why?

Well.... Good thing I mostly play single player modes anyway...

Can already tell the bullet damage will be buffed within a month.

Looks like a slowed down Uncharted with crafting. Interesting premise but the way it was done is nothing special IMO. Hopefully it's better while actually playing it.

Around the Network

why does it take so many shots to kill?

People seem a little confused by this. Honestly this seems like it's clearly a traditionalist Team Deathmatch mode. I'm ASSUMING that the Multiplayer will have a variety of modes. The fact that there are no infected in this is alone a dead giveaway.

If Naughty Dog is hyping something revolutionary, chances are they are going to deliver, when does this company ever hype something unless they have something truly substantial to show? If it wasn't substantial, I feel like they wouldn't have hyped it and made the comments that they did. And lets not forget that they said from the beginning that the Multiplayer wasn't going to be tacked on, I doubt that this would be the jist of it, when it essentially looks like Uncharted Multiplayer 2.0.

I still fully expect to see a stripped down DayZ type Survival mode with Zombies and other Survivors on an open map, most likely on a smaller scale map, for obvious reasons, such as it will only be on foot. But in the end who knows, we will just have to wait and see.

Necromunda said:
People seem a little confused by this. Honestly this seems like it's clearly a traditionalist Team Deathmatch mode. I'm ASSUMING that the Multiplayer will have a variety of modes. The fact that there are no infected in this is alone a dead giveaway.

If Naughty Dog is hyping something revolutionary, chances are they are going to deliver, when does this company ever hype something unless they have something truly substantial to show? If it wasn't substantial, I feel like they wouldn't have hyped it and made the comments that they did. And lets not forget that they said from the beginning that the Multiplayer wasn't going to be tacked on, I doubt that this would be the jist of it, when it essentially looks like Uncharted Multiplayer 2.0.

I still fully expect to see a stripped down DayZ type Survival mode with Zombies and other Survivors on an open map, most likely on a smaller scale map, for obvious reasons, such as it will only be on foot. But in the end who knows, we will just have to wait and see.

lol if i were you i'd dial my expectations back a bit

o_O.Q said:
Necromunda said:

Yes, one should always have the expectations with a bit of skepticism. That way you are never disappointed with how things turned out. It can be the best thing ever conceived, or it can be a run-of-the-mill.

Wright said:
o_O.Q said:
Necromunda said:

Yes, one should always have the expectations with a bit of skepticism. That way you are never disappointed with how things turned out. It can be the best thing ever conceived, or it can be a run-of-the-mill.

I'm just as skeptical as anyone, but like I said there are a few giveaways showing this isn't representative of the overall multiplayer, like the abscence of infected. Almost all the "leaked" info has stated a combination of other infected and enemies on a single map with dynamic interactions. This more or less shows that this is probably just a Team Deathmatch game, on a small map, to show off the combat perhaps.

And lets not forget the developer we're talking about here... Naughty Dog has an incredible pedigree, and last I checked they were a fairly humble team. I doubt they would make the comments that they did without having the multiplayer to actually back it up.

In reality, I'm not expecting it to be anything actually like DayZ, that was just the optimal game I could use as a comparison, as I think the final product that they are speaking of will be a survivalist type mode in which you fight both the infected and enemies.