By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Many Wiis Moved This Week With Brawl

^^check the news section.

Around the Network

More sold than usual but I don't think Nintendo stockpiled that many.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Leni said:
i've heard that 500,000 SSBB were sold at launch, it is true??

The first shipment sold out.  It looks like it was between 500K and 600K.  

Between Fit and Brawl all of them.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

No I am not trying to make a name for myself, I was just wondering what people thought about Brawl's effect on hardware. I did not see a topic, so I made one.

I generally post during downtime at work, I actually have to wait til I go home to make longer more worthwhile post.

Back to topic, I have thought about this a bit more and I believe that 125k is a minumum. I think it is very possible Nintendo had a small stockpile waiting for Brawl. Maybe as much as 175k... and 100k next week.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Nintendo always stockpiles for big game releases. I would guess between 150k and 200k this week.

I'm gonna go with 200k.

Could SSBB be to the Wii in Japan what Halo 3 was for the 360 in USA?

Explanation:

In Halo 3's launch week, it didn't seem to have an astronomical impact on 360 hardware sales, but pretty soon it became clear that it set a new plateau for them. Could the same happen for the Wii in Japan now that SSBB has been released?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Some people seem to be discussing worlwide Wii sales -- I think the OP is talking about Japan in particular.

For example, Mummelman, I think your analysis is talking worldwide. I absolutely agree that more core gamers own Wiis than one might expect in US/EU -- but the game sales in Japan tell a different story. Incredibly strong (instead of just very strong) casual game sales, while more hardcore games (even SMG is doing less spectacularly in Japan) are disappointing.

We'll see, but I expect a significant boost to perhaps 110k units. I also expect a signficant PS3 boost.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I would say around 100-150K Wii's were sold with SSBB, although I won't mind being surprised by higher sales

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)