By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fun Fact: Assassins Creed (Combined) tracking above SMG

Really. What I see is that one game launched on one platform pretty much generated the same sales as the other one, which launched simultaneously on two platforms.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:

Faxanadu said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
I agree with the "yamg"...

AC is much more deserving of having higher sales than SMG IMO

Ugh, are you guys serious? Assassin's Creed? Did you play the same game I did? Have you ever played Super Mario Galaxy? Jesus, man, Assassin's Creed was slightly above average, while SMG was the GotY last year.

I can't disprove your opinion, however, I can tell you this.

Your opinion is in the VAST minority, when it comes to Assassin's Creed vs SMG.

Didn't you notice? Sony fanboys on VGC have been parroting the same thing regarding SMG for the past few weeks, in that [insert PS3 game] is better than Galaxy and deserves to sell more. Last weekit was "rachete is bettr than galaxies!!1", this week it's Assassin's Creed. Next week will probably be Uncharted. Since they have such a limited pool to pull from, they'll probably just start over.

Tell me, genius. Am I a Sony/ PS3 fanboy? Your post is quite, excuse my words, pathetic. Please dont just jump in and defend your system blindly all the time.

For your information. This thread is based on a FACT (look up in dictionary, please) and not an opinion. I was just surprised seeing this FACT. Thats why I actually made this thread.

Considering that I wasn't talking about or even referring to you in the least (but instead the user with the original quote), I find your post both sad and pathetic. Please don't just jump in and defend your system blindly all the time.

People really need to start the sticks out of their ass on this site.

there, i highlighted for you. question: who opened the thread comparing SMG to AC?

if I misunderstood you, I am sorry. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

It's simple for me...

Assassin's Creed: An assassination game with overly simplistic combat, tons of bugs, and... er... very little actual assassination.

Super Mario Galaxy: The best game so far this gen, and one of the best games of all time. Does tons of new things with the platformer genre. Few/no noticeable bugs, lots of stuff to do, and with wonderful art direction to boot.

No contest. Galaxy deserves every sale it gets. AC... I have no idea why it sold so high.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
It's simple for me...

Assassin's Creed: An assassination game with overly simplistic combat, tons of bugs, and... er... very little actual assassination.

Super Mario Galaxy: The best game so far this gen, and one of the best games of all time. Does tons of new things with the platformer genre. Few/no noticeable bugs, lots of stuff to do, and with wonderful art direction to boot.

No contest. Galaxy deserves every sale it gets. AC... I have no idea why it sold so high.

as I never played AC, i cannot judge. However, considering the critical acclaim of SMG and the not always glowing reviews for AC, I was also very surprised. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Garcian Smith said:

Kind of like "Wii play" when it got poor scores from reviewers. Basicly as Kyros pointed out it something new and fresh. 

Around the Network
gamingdevil said:
Squall_Leonhart said:

Yeah, a rushed full of glitches game certainly deserves higher sales than a game that's literally a work of art.

*cough*

SMG is way overrated, is nothing but another mario game with the same gameplay, no story. Way too easy if you don't want all stars (bouldergeist daredevil anyone?) Won't say it's bad because as i said, it's a mario game, but is overrated.

AC got an amazing story, amazing gameplay and not-so-amazing investigations before the amazing assassinations. Have some flaws and is kinda easy until last levels. People who don't even play say it's bad but they should shut up and buy it.

Well deserved, AC, at least you got some innovation

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Played_Out said:
gamingdevil said:
Squall_Leonhart said:

Yeah, a rushed full of glitches game certainly deserves higher sales than a game that's literally a work of art.

*cough*

Cough as much as you want i still stand by my statement.

I don't liked AC and the game was not finished yet it had to many glitches to be gold in my opinion.

Still a new IP that sells so much like SMG is special considering SMG haves a huge fanbase while with AC no one knows what to expected..

I don't understand this "just another Mario game" thing.

Nintendo has only released 4 main series Mario games in the last 15 years. I can understand dissing "just another Mario spin-off," but for sane gamers, a new main series Mario game is a big deal.

But that's not to say Assassin's Creed shouldn't have been a hit.

Both Galaxy and AC did things that were new, and which were apparantly fun and exciting to audiences. They both sold exceptionally well. Nothing magical about that, and nothing undeserved either.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.