By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fun Fact: Assassins Creed (Combined) tracking above SMG

It might have been interesting if true, but SMG has sold 5.48M vs Assassins 5.3M. SMG will start to pull ahead now.

Around the Network

In case people here didn't know there are many gamers (at least i know) who could care less for Mario. For some reason I never like Mario (well maybe Mario cart) even when SMB was in the arcade. I don't know anyone who have SMG or even mention they want it. Yet again  I'm the only one I know who loves Civilization as well.

lvader said:
It might have been interesting if true, but SMG has sold 5.48M vs Assassins 5.3M. SMG will start to pull ahead now.

align start dates and look at week 11 (last week for AC). thats what it means, tracking above. relative to time.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

lvader said:

Damn, you beat to it. This thread = FAIL!!!!!! FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rugger08 said:
lvader said:

Damn, you beat to it. This thread = FAIL!!!!!! FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get a clue, then post. seriously. total sales to date =/= sales after week 11.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I doubt it will.
http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Assassins+Creed+-+PS3&reg2=All&game2=Assassins+Creed+-+X360&reg3=All&game3=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&weeks=15

Seems like SMG has MUCH better legs. Look here: http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Assassins+Creed+-+PS3&reg2=All&game2=Assassins+Creed+-+X360&reg3=All&game3=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&weeks=15&weekly=1

Look at week 11: 174K vs 134K in favour SMG

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

"Assassin's Creed was slightly above average"

I think there are two perspectives on this one:

Assassin's Creed was incredible beautiful, had the best game setting for years, Brought huge cities with thousands of inhabitants to Action gaming, debuted awesome controls for moving/jumping/climbing that are sure to be copied by many games to come.

It also had some flaws regarding game balance and was a bit repetitive.

If you look at the ++ section it blows Mario out of the water. Its just new, fresh, awesome. On the other hand Mario has no downsides (I mean the concept is true and tested') So it very much depends on your priorities. Mario is definitely the more polished experience. But there is nothing that can compete with the view of Jerusalem in AC.

If you want a real battle, about who might end up on top, take CoD4 (both versions vs SMG, because the gap might be too big for SMG's legs to fill.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Call of Duty 4 and Guitar Hero III have sold more than Galaxy too.

I think its great that Assassin's Creed has been such a hit. I doubt it will reach 10M, and Galaxy clearly will, but with two sequels, Ubisoft may be able to sell 20 or 25M copies of a new IP just in this generation. I don't think they will care if they beat likely the only main series edition this gen of the biggest franchise in history if they can do that.

Galaxy vs. GHIII will be the most interesting one, IMO. GHIII will fall off when GHIV comes out, but until then it will continue to put up big numbers, and it starts with a 2M+ lead.

COD4 should fall off faster than AC. AC won't have a competing game for a long time; COD4 will have plenty.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Faxanadu said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
I agree with the "yamg"...

AC is much more deserving of having higher sales than SMG IMO

Ugh, are you guys serious? Assassin's Creed? Did you play the same game I did? Have you ever played Super Mario Galaxy? Jesus, man, Assassin's Creed was slightly above average, while SMG was the GotY last year.

I can't disprove your opinion, however, I can tell you this.

Your opinion is in the VAST minority, when it comes to Assassin's Creed vs SMG.

Didn't you notice? Sony fanboys on VGC have been parroting the same thing regarding SMG for the past few weeks, in that [insert PS3 game] is better than Galaxy and deserves to sell more. Last weekit was "rachete is bettr than galaxies!!1", this week it's Assassin's Creed. Next week will probably be Uncharted. Since they have such a limited pool to pull from, they'll probably just start over.

Tell me, genius. Am I a Sony/ PS3 fanboy? Your post is quite, excuse my words, pathetic. Please dont just jump in and defend your system blindly all the time.

For your information. This thread is based on a FACT (look up in dictionary, please) and not an opinion. I was just surprised seeing this FACT. Thats why I actually made this thread.

Considering that I wasn't talking about or even referring to you in the least (but instead the user with the original quote), I find your post both sad and pathetic. Please don't just jump in and defend your system blindly all the time.

People really need to start the sticks out of their ass on this site.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"