By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lost odyssey extended TV ad vid!

http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/351F650A-09D1-4ABA-ADD8-3D2E0EC7F6B8/0/vidLostOdysseyTVAd01Hi.asx

If that link doesn't work by clicking it, drag it into a player or something, but it seems to be the extended TV commercial. I like it.

Lower res youtube version
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3w1Ry4NbPcc

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Around the Network

That was quite the quixotic choice for a soundtrack. I have visions of acid trips, and fairy tales bouncing about in my mind. They are most definitely not playing it safe. Which I must confess that I like. I like how they make you really appreciate the lyrics seeing as most of us have heard the song over an FM stereo at one time or another.

A year ago I would have thought that type of advertising wouldn't have been appreciated, but given how the advertisements for Bioshock were put together and that soundtrack I am feeling more comfortable with this choice. I suppose it comes off as being somewhat more mature, and more to the point the music selection makes you feel that the story must be deep.

Here is hoping that the game enjoys great sales in North America. Mistwalker looks to have put together a gorgeous game, and hopefully if North America responds we can see more of the same in the future.

it has really good footage, just............the music

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

That was pretty damn cool, but I don't think it will do too much for the game.

Amazing, just amazing. MS know how to sell a game.

At first, I thought it would be dreadful but they actually pulled it off beautifully.

One of my favorite songs, the song alone is so powerful, but with the footage, heavenly. This, the original Bioshock and Gears ads, all fantastic, wish Sony knew how to make great ads (MGS 4 deserves one).

Hype +100, really hoping not to be disappointed. Now they just need to put this on marketplace.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Wow, that was a pretty cool commercial! After seeing that I'd definitely want to buy the game.(if I didn't own it already ;-p )

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

That's a very cool commercial--I thought the game was going to be shit but it looks very cool. I don't like the song choice, but I can see how some would.

This is a buy for me when it's down to $39.99

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Im really starting to get very excited for this game. I hope that there is a demo. A good demo would sell me on it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

After reading the previews and most impressions I have to say my excitement has dropped.

Alot of seems so FFX like, but its all about individual taste, I can imagine some people really enjoying it.

Im crossing this one out, and looking forward to seeing how Infinite Undiscovery turns out and Eternal Sonata 2 (*wink**wink*).

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

I noticed something intriguing about the video pay close attention to the lyrics going when each scene is depicted. They actually line up. The song isn't merely pasted on top of the footage. The song is describing the footage. The video footage is actually built around the song. That is brilliant and with such a complex piece it is astounding.

I have to give the advertising department a 10 out of 10 for competence on this one. They most definitely took a great deal of time putting it together, and it really shows.