By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Got a new fangled TV now my VC games wont work correctly

Strange, I don´t know what this could be.

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

Around the Network
Slash said:
@Yuk04 do you have component cables plugged in?
If so then some VC games don't work good on it (maybe ME's problem as well)
Do the following:
-Go to a VC games instruction/manual page
-Press at the same time these three buttons: Z + A + 2.
If you heard a sound being played then the wii updated itself correctly and all further games that support 480p (not all do) will run fine.
Hope it helps.
See 'Wii Component Cable problem' for more detail.

Ha Ha it worked, didn't believe it would (just thought if this was the case then it would be documented).  Didn't get the sound so I though it's done nothing but game played ok.

Found this forum regarding the same problem http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=70745&forum_id=1&start=90 they state you can switch the fix on and off using ZA1 to switch off and ZA2 to switch back on again, sure enough I can switch the problem on and off.

Glad I waited a year or so to get the TV as this threads was dated Apr 07 and it seems others have had problems I got and Nintendo have already fixed them.Thanks for your help Slash - you're a life saver, I can go back to let the wife play SMW now so I can get some peace.

I didn´t know of that little trick, thanks Slash. ^^

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

A friend's just got a Samsung HDTV and some of the tracks on Mario Kart 64 VC version were running really fast on it but not others. We couldn't work out what was wrong. All very strange...