By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could The Xbox One Struggle To Beat The GameCube's Sales..?

The more time goes on since the Xbox One reveal the more negative information filters through: Anti-consumerism with regards to used games, anti-privacy with Kinect always being on and now it's been revealed that the One is going to be region locked.

Microsoft seem to be doing everything they can to fuck up this console launch.

I can see both the PS4 and One being over $400, my personal guesstimate - considering the hardware we know that's in each machine and Kinect/camera bar included with every console - would be $499.99.

Given the anti-consumerism, (likely) high retail price and anti-privacy I personally think that even if the One has the best E3 in Microsoft's history with the best software since sliced bread that the console is REALLY going to struggle to sell. I can't see it selling over 30m myself and may even struggle to beat the 21m sales that the GameCube managed.

What do you think..?

Around the Network

EDIT: :o

Aw bollocks, managed to have two threads going somehow. Can a mod lock this one please..? Sorry to be a pain in the bum!