By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2013 UK PS4 Launch Confirmed

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=207

Around the Network

So The US, UK and Europe are pretty much confirmed now?

Now its Japan that needs to be confirmed. They usually release there 1st so it should happen there in 2013 as well

EPIC.

Don't mind if it's a little later here in South Africa. I'll pick one up on my way back from Mexico :)

Holiday season will be a HUGE battle.

Awesome! If UK is confirmed that means even India will get PS4 on launch day!!

I wonder if we will have an advert or something around the Champions League Final tomorrow? Going to be a great game with 100 million European's watching, mainly Germans.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

That's great news.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

So Sony intends to launch in Europe this year....

The PS3 was announced for launch in Europe at the same time as America, but was delayed. I feel that Sony is going to prioritise Europe more this time, especially as they don't want to give Microsoft any advantage time wise.

I really really really hope that it does come to the UK this year, it would make me so happy

I really hope that it comes here this year too as I think we have had enough screwing around when it comes to release dates! I still remember the times of having to wait what felt like forever for the Final Fantasy games (mainly PS1 era) to be released in the UK!

BTW, since PS is an official Champions League sponsor and the advertising campaign has officially started, we will most certainly see a PS4 ad tomorrow. 300m viewers, great way to launch a campaign. I wonder how they'll advertise it without showing the console though.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Munkeh111 said:
So Sony intends to launch in Europe this year....

The PS3 was announced for launch in Europe at the same time as America, but was delayed. I feel that Sony is going to prioritise Europe more this time, especially as they don't want to give Microsoft any advantage time wise.

I really really really hope that it does come to the UK this year, it would make me so happy

Yeah they wouldn't want to loose that advantage against Microsoft here in Europe. But I'm not if UK release means Sony will include all of Europe...

It seems odd they wouldn't release in Japan first. So either a similtaneous launch or...

If you think about it the one place where Sony don't need to launch first is Japan. They are guranteed a victory over Microsoft there regardless; thus the primary goal for them should be to launch in Europe and US by the end of the year.