By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3 "running wonderfully" on Xbox 360

Tommie said:
I still don't understand what is supposed to be so cool about modding. Modding a game belongs to a computer, a PC game, not consoles. They should just make the 360 version with Xbox Live support, 16 players or something, and then release it, or else they won't sell that much if it takes to long.

there is nothing wroong modding for consoles, the game never gets stale that way. 

mods are awesome.
ever played UT3 with jetpacks?
how about UT3 with over the shoulder camera angle for that GeOW feel?
How about halo armor? if you stay out of battle long enough your armor regenerates.
how about the extra gore option?
those are my favorite user mods, there are probably more out there than the ones ive found.

not to mention all the custom maps.
ive played one map modeled after some guys room.
it has everything from a bed to a laptop.
it has a very toy soldier feel.

i just hope the xbox version supports split screen.
thats something consoles have over PC's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
Parokki said:
What's the story on this exactly? PS3 version supports user-made mods for no extra charge, and Epic wanted the 360 version to do so as well, but Microsoft is worried their customers will get used to receiving stuff for free?

You got it. That pretty much nails it.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

@BigFatJ: Actually, I thought the Gears debacle was one of the reasons they postponed this one indefinitely, in addition to the mod issue.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

@BigFatJ: Actually, I thought the Gears debacle was one of the reasons they postponed this one indefinitely, in addition to the mod issue.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:

They wouldn't not release it for the 360.  There's too much money there to be bad.  As Epic put it: it doesn't make financial sense to release UT3 PS3 exclusive right now.

I think part of the problem is gamer indifference over this game.  You can only release the same game so many times before people stop buying them. 

Around the Network

Also, I have to wonder how many maps they've been able to cram onto one DVD, if they've considered that?