By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SSBB Conspiracy Theory

Squall_Leonhart said:
Not another SSBB thread...

Not another fanboy comment...

On Topic:

Perhaps that's what the delay was for.  They realized they didn't have enough to meet demand and pushed it back a week to print more disks. 

Around the Network

Nintendo always take the conservative approach. After Mario Galaxy first week numbers, they probably do not want to ship more than necessary.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

exactly, they WERE taking the conservative approach... then they realized how much demand there was...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Amazingly it's in stock on Amazon Japan http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/B000FSELOS/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en%5FJP

^I guess the Japanese who wanted it on launch did not line up on Amazon.com to buy it... great observation there....

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Ugh. If Nintendo intentionally mislead customers to believe there would be a shortage, shame on them. If they doubled production at the last minute to meet demand, good for them.

I thought that kind of initial hype machine tomfoolery was the domain of Apple (and it annoys the shit out of me when they do it, too).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

well if it works for Ninty, then good for them

I think it was not a scam. I think used the week delay to whip the overworked workers to make more copies.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

I don´t believe in conspiracy theories. This is just a strategy for increase sales numbers on launch day. :)

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

hmmm... maybe not a conspiracy... but it sure looks like I was pretty close on the number...

I gotta believe Nintendo would not try to pull such a stunt, I think they wanted to avoid yet another missed opporrunity.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut