By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's new revenue stream - peripherals

Nintendo has efficiently opened a new revenue source for themselves. Granted peripherals (especially controllers) have always been sold separately. But not like whats happening now. Case:

WiiMote - you get one with the wii. including a nunchuck. but then for four player games, you need 3 more wiimotes. and 3 more nunchucks. which are sold separately.

VC games - for VC games, you need the VC controller. And maybe more than one for multiplayer games.

WiiBoard - to play WiiFit, you gotta buy a WiiBoard. simple as that

SSBB - Best played with the GC controller. You dont have any left? feel free to buy a new one. or four for that matter, as you wanna brawl against friends.

TOTAL: One wii needs for full enjoyment: 3 extra WiiMotes, 3 extra Nunchucks, 4 ClassicContollers, 1 WiiBoard and now 4 GC controlles.

All in all 15 peripherals for the price of about 1 PS3.

Enjoy your games. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

classic controller =/= gamecube controller ??

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

A GC controller can work as a classic one, but a classic one can't work as a GC one... or something like that.

fazz said:
A GC controller can work as a classic one, but a classic one can't work as a GC one... or something like that.

I think it is the other way around =]

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

It depends on the game. Most games that support the classic controller will also support a gamecube controller, but the buttons are in different places, etc... so, for some games GC is better, and for other classic is better.

I see little need for gamecube controllers + classic controllers to be > 4.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
fazz said:

I think it is the other way around =]

It's really VC game specific, but I think fazz had it right.  I don't think you can use a classic controller to play gamecube games, so by far GC game requirements > games that require classic.   (Although there are plenty of VC games that the original layout better matches classic than GC).

Not really a fair comparision. Of course you need four controllers to play four players. The same on the PS3. And Wii Fit shouldn't be in there at all. The Balance Board is the whole (almost, jogging might work) point of Wii Fit.

Actually, you need 4 balance boards for multi-player Skii races and dance games, etc... Why settle for just 1 balance board in your controller collection?

Don't forget you need 2 gunshells with Link's Crossbow training, and 4 wheel shells for Mario Kart.

@Gamerace: Thats the spirit, keep it coming.

I think they should sell a "WiiCupBoard" where you can neatly store all the stuff...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.