By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - $79.99 for MGS4 and FF13?

weezy said:
BTW this is just what my older brother's friend who worked at Microsoft guaranteed.

Yeah, someone who works at the competition is usually a great source.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Around the Network
Gazz said:
weezy said:
BTW this is just what my older brother's friend who worked at Microsoft guaranteed.

Actually they are. You tend to have an idea of what your competition is up too... and when it involves companies that you also work with it's even more likely.  Assuming the competition isn't just trying to grind an ax that is.

I don't believe it will happen, but i could see them considering it.

Gazz said:
weezy said:

The news about the $400 40 GB PS3 with no BC were broken by an MS employee long before it was launched:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/addicts/microsoft-bets-ngai-again-ps3-will-be-399-this-year-282303.php

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

it does't help us to see if the "higher price rumor" is true or not ...

Time to Work !

I remember back in the day Metal Gear Solid 2 was released on the PS2, i had to pay like 75 to 80 euro's as well. At that time other PS2 games were more like 65 to 70 euro's.

Around the Network

considering the high development cost i can't say i would be surprised if it did cost more. than again maybe it will be something like this http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/capcom-blames-r.html. actually i saw a advert for endless ocean at circuit city last weekend for $50 when i ought to be $30.

so yeah, i wrote stuff.

This is all going on what your 'older brother's friend at MS said'...

Well my great aunts, friends, cousin's, brother's son (who works for Sony) said the 360 is going to be increased in price to $1,000,000 each and made of gold

/sarcasm

I believe the higher price tags are a result of you know... the blu-ray format.

Thats the main culprit I assure you.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

weezy said:
lol.... alright fellas.

I guess I wont make anymore posts about what M$ employees predict
(or think they know)

Or keep doing them but mark them as you MS employee's rumor of the day/week/month and you can be our own 1 source surfergirl

I have nothing against rumor but I want them clearly marked as such until they are confirmed/denied.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Worth the price IMO!

Then again you guys in the US will get it cheaper than us in the UK... I'm guessing £49.99 for us here, which is roughly $90