By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

looks like they shipped/sales recorded 4.9mln PS3 last Q? i have trouble understanding what they're trying to say. not sure if it's last Q or last 2Q's, or 3Q's.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
ymeaga1n said:
gaming division

$113 million profit

I'm as surprised as the next person

WOOT! I WAS RIGHT! I wish leo-j was here so we could celebrate!

um yeah... That's kinda sad.

Maybe I should make another guess....

OK here it is:

After Sony Execs were happily surprised with a gaming profit of 113mil, and having the new Blu-ray laser, they decide that when they release the SKU replacing the 80GB PS3, they will also introduce a new price tag:
40GB PS3 $299
120/160GB PS3 $399

What say you to that ymeaga1n?

@totalwar
It was a joke friend.

Lafiel said:
if it was loss it would be written (113) Kasz

Yet after the games operation income it has a (Loss) after it.  Seems like one of those is a typo. 

I'm shocked....but truly happy for Sony...this means it's time for a price cut again.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

@ Kasz216 )

ok here is the long explanation

operating income = numbers without brackets , operating loss = numbers with brackets

Woah. I'm impressed.

Btw, weren't most analysts predicting them to break even or turn a small profit? SJust goes to show that maybe they ARE getting paid for a reason. :P

Great news for Sony.

Though this is because the PS2 and PSP, not because the PS3.

Crow eating anyone? Hell I will eat one myself, I didn't think it would happen.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

For those of you claiming that this means a price cut, remember that this was a holiday quarter. HUGE software sales, added with great PS2/PSP hardware sales.

Expect both Sony and MS to keep it close to the vest for a few months because the Jan-Mar quarter isn't going to be nearly as kind to either company.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/