By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Look at the lines for SSBB! (Famitsu Coverage of Launch)

^200k is terrible considering this is the biggest game for the wii yet

Around the Network
shams said:
SSBB first day sales might only be 200k, or something like that. Looks like it will sell out, and not enough units were shipped. Apparently the next shipment arriving on the weekend, so week 1 sales could top 500k.

It should break 1m within the first month on sale - if not the first 2-3 weeks.

This is what Shams said. He never said that 200K is what was sold for first day he was just speculating his opinion and maybe going for the minimum after the disaster of Mario Galaxy ;)

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

shams was just speculating guys.. don't get too excited or upset (depending on which console you support)

Do we have any early confirmation on sales reports?

How does the hoopla for Brawl compare to say , pokemon which sold 1.5 million 1st week.

What are you sales expectations. I am gonna say 300-900k... somewhere in that region (I am gonna play it safe ; p)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

lets wait till the first day sales come in and the weekly sales.

I'm still leaning on my 60/40 and 800k/600k predictions.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I'll admit I'm horrible at software but I don't think SSBB or DMC are coming anywhere close to those numbers in Japan for week 1. I'll be surprised if Brawl hits 600k and equally surprised if DMC hits 400k.

To Each Man, Responsibility

i'm with sqri..

there is no way that DMC4 hit 400k first week.... it will be lucky to do that lifetime.... 400k would be what a 30% attached rate(around the same Halo 3 did in US first week)... that would be like.. well really high... I am gonna low ball DMC4 because of the trend that PS3 software has followed... 175k first week... 500k lifetime... DMC3 for PS2 only sold what 400k on a user base of 20 million +

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

ssj12 said:
lets wait till the first day sales come in and the weekly sales.

I'm still leaning on my 60/40 and 800k/600k predictions.

Id say 58 SSBB / 27 DMC ps3 / 10 both / 5 dmc 360

^ I agree, Looking back the best launch for a Devil May Cry game was 300k + for the original. DMC3 opened to 180k or so on a much larger userbase. Also, the current PS3 Japanese fanbase is becoming notorious for not buying many games.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut