By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamestop conf. call confirms 120 GB+ PS3 with DS3!!!

Might be worth trading up if the new ones do have the EE/GS parts.  Only if they're white though.

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Morgyn said:
I really don't get the BC mania around here.

I've used the BC twice, if that, on any of my consoles..

Perhaps I don't replay games as much as you guys =/

Don't mind them. It's just the Nintendo Fanboys pretending that they're intrested in a PS3 all of a sudden now that BC is gone.

I'm going to leave the Nintendo Fanboy part behind, but I do find it kind of funny when people who don't want a PS3 talk about it like they were literally just about to go to the store and get one five minutes before they read about this thread (or other rumors or new

I want a PS3 eventually, and when I do want one, I need it to have BC. My favorite game evar is from the PS2 era. And its a game I can replay over ... and over ... and over. And I still have yet to play its predecessor, which I must also do. And I would like to do it all on one machine. And I want that machine to be the PS3 that I get. So, wishing for BC is not for just Nintendo fanboys, as Riot of the Blood put it. PS2 still has the best game library of any system ever, in my opinion. So, if they strip BC, I'll be ebaying for an older model. I just hope I don't have to do that!

Dolla Dolla said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Morgyn said:

Don't mind them. It's just the Nintendo Fanboys pretending that they're intrested in a PS3 all of a sudden now that BC is gone.

I'm going to leave the Nintendo Fanboy part behind, but I do find it kind of funny when people who don't want a PS3 talk about it like they were literally just about to go to the store and get one five minutes before they read about this thread (or other rumors or new

I want a PS3 eventually, and when I do want one, I need it to have BC. My favorite game evar is from the PS2 era. And its a game I can replay over ... and over ... and over. And I still have yet to play its predecessor, which I must also do. And I would like to do it all on one machine. And I want that machine to be the PS3 that I get. So, wishing for BC is not for just Nintendo fanboys, as Riot of the Blood put it. PS2 still has the best game library of any system ever, in my opinion. So, if they strip BC, I'll be ebaying for an older model. I just hope I don't have to do that!

Took the words right out of my post hehe.  Except my favorite game ever isn't on the PS2.  One of my favorite RPGs ever is though.  *hugs DQVIII*

Dolla Dolla said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Morgyn said:

I never said anything against Nintendo 'fanboys'. In fact, I said that I wasn't going to talk about Nintendo 'fanboys' when I was quoting that one guy.

"I'm going to leave the Nintendo Fanboy part behind" means that I still wanted to talk about the guy's post, but not talk against Nintendo people.

Also, I know that BC is important. However, my post was mainly about finding it funny how in many PS3 news related topics, people post how "Now I'm not going to get the PS3" despite many of their posts being always critical against the PS3. Like I said, it's funny because I always seem to see those posts as they were just about to walk out the door to pick one up before they saw that news post.  

IllegalPaladin said:

I never said anything against Nintendo 'fanboys'. In fact, I said that I wasn't going to talk about Nintendo 'fanboys' when I was quoting that one guy.

"I'm going to leave the Nintendo Fanboy part behind" means that I still wanted to talk about the guy's post, but not talk against Nintendo people.

Also, I know that BC is important. However, my post was mainly about finding it funny how in many PS3 news related topics, people post how "Now I'm not going to get the PS3" despite many of their posts being always critical against the PS3. Like I said, it's funny because I always seem to see those posts as they were just about to walk out the door to pick one up before they saw that news post.

I have every intention of buying a PS3, but it is true that because of the loss of full perfect BC, I'm most likely going to be buying a 20GB or 60GB on eBay.  Wi-fi isn't nearly as big a deal to me as full BC is.  My DSL 2Wire is literally 2 feet from my HD-TV, so the 20GB is better than either the 40GB or the 80GB to me.

Around the Network
Morgyn said:

I've used it for Grand Theft Auto 3 & SA as well as Gran Turismo 3 & 4, so soon I will have no need for BC.

Mummelmann said:
It will launch with full BC and a 399$ price tag, wait and see. Do you guys have any idea how incredibly cheap harddrive tech is nowadays?

Perhaps.  But I think it is more likely that they load it down with relatively inexpensive extras and charge the same price as the 80.  That way the 40G doesn't have to be affected in price yet.

Later on after this, probably just prior to the holiday season, Sony can lower the price on both machines.  Of course, this assumes that the 120G gets out before the holidays, else you could be right.   That the 120G comes out with the $399, but not until Sept/Oct. 

The other alternative would be to do this prior to a large game launch, I suppose.  

While Sony has made a number of mistakes this generation (as have the other 2 as well), I can't believe that they will ever *raise* the price of one of their mainstream PS3s, no matter what tech they added to it.  The publicity would just kill them all over again.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.