By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamestop conf. call confirms 120 GB+ PS3 with DS3!!!

Wonder if Sony would be mad at Gamespot for this.

Around the Network

One new PS3 SKU every season?

NSS7 said:
Imagine

- 120GB
- Full BC
- with DualShock 3
- 2 free games (any games)
- 5 blue ray movies

ONLY $399

That would be sweet and I am sure they will be there in time for next Christmas,

But I expect:

- 120GB   

- Same BC as 80GB (No EmotionEngine)

- With DualShock 3  

- 2 free games (resistance/motorstorm/heavenly sword/warhawk) , 5 Free Bluray movies

- $499 

I wonder if they will completely do away with the sixaxis. Since of course the dualshock 3 is the same thing with rumble. will they lower the price of the sixaxis controllers remaining in stores?                                                                                                                                                                                                      

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Somehow, with all these sku changes and all....i just stopped caring anymore.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

They skipped the 100GB? Or maybe they're saving it for the next low-end SKU? =P

Around the Network

I do think that Sony are overdoing it a bit with the SKU's but it doesn't seem to be hurting sales each time they bring one out, if anything it helps sales so i guess this will be why they keep releasing them!

You American's should count yourself lucky, here in the EU (UK to be more precise) we only have the 40GB model... Luckily i got a 60GB on launch so have all the features :D

damkira said:

No pricepoint? If its $699 or something like that it still won't sell.

Lol, no... just no.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

I really don't get the BC mania around here.

I've used the BC twice, if that, on any of my consoles..

Perhaps I don't replay games as much as you guys =/

I use BC a lot. Mainly right now because I only have three PS3 games..... but mainly because Gamefly keeps sending me PS2 games despite 4 or 5 PS3 games higher up on the list and also despite those PS3 games having a high availability.

It makes no sense, the top four or five games on my list all have high availability, so they send me Resident Evil 4.... I'm eager to see what they're sending me next.

I'm also eager to get a Dualshock 3 too. Though I am a little worried since it'll have pretty much 'the same tech' as the Dualshock 2, I might rather save battery as opposed to getting my hands vibrated off in games like (for example) Final Fantasy X or XII. Still, I do enjoy the Sixaxis and it's light weight. 

Morgyn said:
I really don't get the BC mania around here.

I've used the BC twice, if that, on any of my consoles..

Perhaps I don't replay games as much as you guys =/

Don't mind them. It's just the Nintendo Fanboys pretending that they're intrested in a PS3 all of a sudden now that BC is gone.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!