By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamestop conf. call confirms 120 GB+ PS3 with DS3!!!

seriously sony... stop it with all the sku's. Same to you Microsoft. I mean if it was a new slim ps3 then that would be ok, but if it's basically the same ol ps3 with a bigger hard drive, and less or equal to the same amount of features to the original 60 gig, then its just more confusion.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
BottledSpringWater said:

- And the one question everyone is wondering:

IS THE120GB+ PS3 BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE????????!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that it is "PS3 BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE."

I'm pretty sure you need to reread that sentence.  It's perfectly acceptable.  Obviously the subject of the sentence is "the 120GB+ PS3", and the question at hand is "will it be backwards compatible."  Really, the mistake is that you read it incorrectly.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

C'mon guys - its *exactly* the 80Gig model. Larger hard drive (easy thing to scale up), and natural progression on controller design (old SIXAXIS will be discontinued).

Is it *really* that exciting?

Oh yeah - it had better have BC, or its just a huge step backwards. I expect it to - although Sony *did* state they were getting rid of BC permanently.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I would love it if Sony added the EE again. I don't care if they charge $50 more for it. Europe has never seen a fully BC PS3, but i hope that changes soon.

i hope it won't end up only in japan and america if it gets BC. they would make a great present for european if they bring BC(well hardware BC not software) to pal regions.

Around the Network

If i was in the position that i brought a 80 gig PS3, take it home, say "Yeah! i got the best one out yet!" (Corny :p) and go to the store the next day and read a sign saying "80 gig ps3 dicontinued - new 120 gig ps3 comming" i would go off my head, its a joke and pisses me off immensly.

I like sony's products, but i hate their scheme.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Kind of sucks for us 80GB owners, but that's only to be expected.

Since when does Gamestop make announcements for Sony? I'm not doubting that this will happen, but it's still weird.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Imagine

- 120GB
- Full BC
- with DualShock 3
- 2 free games (any games)
- 5 blue ray movies

ONLY $399

Devilstation said:
I would love it if Sony added the EE again. I don't care if they charge $50 more for it. Europe has never seen a fully BC PS3, but i hope that changes soon.

QFT.

I wouldn't buy it because the price would still be a factor for me but I would at least have a European model that I would really be interested in (I wouldn't care about BC as much if PS2 was as reliable as PS3). 

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"