By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guess Sony's gaming division profits/loses...

Why even give a rats ass about it ?

Around the Network

450 million US

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Username2324 said:
I think we might see a bit of profit, haven't been following their financial reports so I am probably way off.

Yes your way off. And the fact that you argue so vigorously for ps3 on other threads makes you look like a fool since you don't know anything about the financial position of sony gaming division.

But i'm not a complete jackass so at least i'll tell you that their last quarters profit was -$851 million. 

rocketpig said:
krik said:
rocketpig said:
$500m loss is my prediction.

I think that is way too much...

PS: Does anyone know if they already reported the $800M they got from the sale of the CELL manufacturing facility to Toshiba? If they do report it now they will have a big profit on the division since CELL factory/development were a big reason for the multi-billion loses of the gaming division.

It's possible my estimate is too high but didn't the gaming division lose $830m last quarter (ie. none holiday quarter)?

And were the Cell process lines considered part of the gaming division? Really? That doesn't make much sense but oh well. 

The CELL cost was mostly assigned to the gaming division, it was the major cost in PS3's development. 

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

ymeaga1n said:
Username2324 said:
I think we might see a bit of profit, haven't been following their financial reports so I am probably way off.

Yes your way off. And the fact that you argue so vigorously for ps3 on other threads makes you look like a fool since you don't know anything about the financial position of sony gaming division.

But i'm not a complete jackass so at least i'll tell you that their last quarters profit was -$851 million. 

Actually it was -$841M  but there is no way in hell they will report the same huge loss this quarter. It will be much less, maybe like their Q2 where they reported -$237M but I actually think it will be less than $150M

Around the Network

I think about -$200m

TalonMan said:
Mars said:
Why even give a rats ass about it ?

Why post in a thread on a topic you obviously don't care about?

**hint**
Don't do this again.

Thank you Talon. 

ymeaga1n said:
Username2324 said:

But i'm not a complete jackass so at least i'll tell you that their last quarters profit was -$851 million.

So even though I know the PS3 inside and out, but do not know Sony's financial reports makes me a fool? I don't recall every argueing about Sony's financial status, except that they have almost cut production costs to become profitable, which everyone should know since it was posted all over.

Username2324 said:
ymeaga1n said:
Username2324 said:

But i'm not a complete jackass so at least i'll tell you that their last quarters profit was -$851 million.

So even though I know the PS3 inside and out, but do not know Sony's financial reports makes me a fool? I don't recall every argueing about Sony's financial status, except that they have almost cut production costs to become profitable, which everyone should know since it was posted all over.

You know what would be funny? If in 42 minutes Sony actually posts a profit in the division (or small loss) and then you can show him how "fool" you are ;)

That would indeed be quite funny.

But he should realize that I put the "I havent been following, so I'm probably way off" to show that it was a wild guess. Whatever.

Oh, by the way, what are your predictions Mr. Smarty pants?