By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guess Sony's gaming division profits/loses...

I say they report losses of less than $150M (mostly because PS2/PSP sold pretty well last quarter)

PS: I'm being optimistic, of course ;)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

Eleventy billion dollars.

I don't think it reached anywhere near a billion dollars. Maybe if they didn't have the PS2 and PSP to soften their losses up a bit, I think then they'd be in big trouble. I'm going to say $300 million at the most.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

I think we might see a bit of profit, haven't been following their financial reports so I am probably way off.

One MILLION DOLLARS!

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

$500m loss is my prediction.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

$501m loss :)

450 milion loss is what I think.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

rocketpig said:

I think that is way too much...

PS: Does anyone know if they already reported the $800M they got from the sale of the CELL manufacturing facility to Toshiba? If they do report it now they will have a big profit on the division since CELL factory/development were a big reason for the multi-billion loses of the gaming division.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

krik said:
rocketpig said:

I think that is way too much...

PS: Does anyone know if they already reported the $800M they got from the sale of the CELL manufacturing facility to Toshiba? If they do report it now they will have a big profit on the division since CELL factory/development were a big reason for the multi-billion loses of the gaming division.

It's possible my estimate is too high but didn't the gaming division lose $830m last quarter (ie. none holiday quarter)?

And were the Cell process lines considered part of the gaming division? Really? That doesn't make much sense but oh well. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/