By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 4 Screens... ROFL (56K warning)

Lots of stuff that look awesome in motion look horrible in still images. Martial artists are an extremely good example. We've all seen the game in motion, and it looks just fine.

The character models are a bit too bulky for my tastes, but then again the game seems to be targeted for the Yanks, who love that stuff almost as much as the Japanese love their androgynous prettyboys.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

i don't get why everyone is in a tizzy over these screens.  here is a screen from SF HD remix and it's the exact same art direction and quite consistent with the rest of the series.  SFIV just has a more polygons or whatever for higher detail.  Personally i like they way it looks and i'm sure it will come off better in motion.  

Everyone, let's remember the game doesn't even have a release date yet, maybe they can fix it before then...

Wow, you guys are being ridiculous, you're acting as if it looks vastly different than what we've seen before. Calm your balls.

You guys don't have that kind of penis bulge? Oh, well. Guess it's just me.

Around the Network

I'm buying it, and I don't care what it looks like.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

According to many peeps in this thread the game has to look like this at least:

Look at the realism! The shades! The motion blur! The K-k-k-k-krazy characters! Omg the crowd has totally been innovated, they all got seperate AI and react different to the match! HOLY SHIT see how many spectator models they've made! Fighting Game of the Decade!

@Lewis

I think we're the only 2 in this thread then.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Ryu's face does look queer, but I like the art style of this game. I for one get tired of everything looking so real and less like a video game. I like the direction this is taking. I think when we see it in motion, the comments will all change. The face is ridiculous though

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

What the hell? Ryu looks like a constipated Chuck Norris (don't tell Chuck I said so), or like Arnold is all his movies when hes struggling with something (like opening a soda can).
Maybe Arnie is a playable character? That would be too cool! Special move; "Muussleee fleeexx yyyayyy yyyayyyyaaaaa!"

This is what happens when the AAA teams get moved to Wii. Next up Cruisin USA HD remix.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt