By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ridiculous PR attempt from Microsoft?

Was fishing around today, trying to download some gamepad drivers and what not, came across the Direct X 10 page. 

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/AboutGFW/Pages/directx10-a.aspx

whats ridiculous is at the bottom of the page, they try to compare the difference between DX9 and DX10 by putting 2 screenshots to compare.  Similar shots, involving showing the faces of people, but what makes it essentially retarded is they used 2 different games to compare. 

And even more assinine is the fact that they are comparing Crysis to Halo: Combat Evolved..... 

does anyone see a major problem with comparing a game that was just released, to a game released on PC close to 3 years ago? 

Around the Network

Wow.

Alot of people do this, hoping you won't notice.

Why would you call that stupid?

Do you think it would be a good idea to show two screenshots that look almost exactly alike to the normal person? Of course not, you want a game made for DX 9 and compare it against a game made for DX 10 and show the world how much better DX 10 is.

If any of you really think that is stupid then you have a lot to learn.

Is there a reason why they don't show before and after picture of Halo instead?

Oh come on, Have you seen those "before" and "after" shots they show on Jay Leno?

Oh, speaking of that, somebody sent this to Jay Leno. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
twesterm said:

Do you think it would be a good idea to show two screenshots that look almost exactly alike to the normal person? Of course not, you want a game made for DX 9 and compare it against a game made for DX 10 and show the world how much better DX 10 is.

They could have at least chosen a more recent DX 9 game...

Sam Yikin said:
twesterm said:

They could have at least chosen a more recent DX 9 game...

Halo 2 on the PC is only something like 7 or 8 months old so it's still technically recent.

> Halo 2 on the PC is only something like 7 or 8 months old so it's still technically recent.

That's true, but did they choose Halo 2?

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
> Halo 2 on the PC is only something like 7 or 8 months old so it's still technically recent.

That's true, but did they choose Halo 2?

I'm guessing they chose Halo 2 because it's still a fairly recent game that looks like complete ass when compared to Crysis at its best setting.

As I said, they want you to want DX 10 and you do that by making it seem like the shizinit. 

if I know my PC game

Halo: Combat Evolved = Halo 1

selnor
Episode 2: