By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quick Note: XBLA sales for Rez HD/Chessmaster Live (first 18hrs)

Never really did a "first day sales" thread for XBLA games, but Rez HD is rather staggering so....

Rez HD (as of 0745 EST, Thurs.)10526
Metal Slug 37780.8
Omega 56026.4
Arkadian Warriors5844
Switchball5157.8
Word Puzzle4902.8
Sensible World of Soccer4077.6
Boogie Bunnies3470.4
Asteroids & Deluxe3195
Undertow3118.5
Tron2428.8
Gripshift1980
Spongebob Underpants Slam! 1961.8
Screwjumper1890
Tempest1569.6
Chessmaster LIVE (as of 0745 EST)1363
Shrek 'n' Roll826.2

It's pretty good news both for the makers of Rez, XBLA, and fans. It's been ages since there's been a real high-selling title to debut. Using weighted numbers, 11,000 copies have most likely been sold since this morning. Raw numbers also sugguest that Rez might wind up somewhere around 25,000-30,000 copies (using non-weighted raw data) for the first week. Effectively doubling the next-highest selling game, Metal Slug 3.

As expected, Chessmaster LIVE hasn't sold through as quickly as Rez. But it should still wind up doing fairly well. The only game that has released in tantem as a $10 title was Shrek n Roll, which barely did more than Chessmaster has done for it's first 3 days. This should bode well for CM Live - and could wind up with raw data of 2,500 units sold.

Updated: Over 10,000 in raw numbers since Wed. morning. This means in about 30hrs, it's already done 3,000 more units in sales than MS3 did in 80hrs.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Good news! I will pick up Rez tomorrow.

Does anyone happen to have a size-count on Rez HD? As far as I know, it's pretty large - Major Nelson's blog stated it required a 512mb memory card.

Aren't the XBLA games limited to a size of 150 MB?

Supposedly. However, Rez HD is an improved port of a Dreamcast game. I would *think* that it's real close, if not over, the limit.

Around the Network

it's around 115 mb i believe.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

It's 119MB. Count me in that 4701. :)

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Metal Gear 3? When did that come to XBL.

Heh... typo of Metal Slug 3.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

It is a moral obligation of every 360 owner to buy Rez (gaming morality).

If you have played it before, this is the definitive version (Sound and HD).

If you haven't played, you shouldn't miss out on one of the best levels in any game ever (area 5) and this is by far the best deal you can get on a game whose PS2 version sells for like 80 bucks on Ebay (If I recall).

My only hope is that Q? and Sega release this on the PSN as well, as many people as possible should experience the genius masterpiece that is Rez.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!