By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

LGBTDBZBBQ said:

1 million physical copies are certainly good for Pokemon SnS in a digital age today. The leg of the software is the deciding factor whether it's going to be a major letdown or not. 

Splatoon is already around ~4m physical+Digital with opening sales at 670k physical. 

An online, multi-player, 3rd person shooter has a very, very different sales trajectory from a JRPG, especially one that's as historically front-loaded like Pokemon.

X/Y's first shipment was 11.61 million units from its launch to December 31st, 2013. Since then, it only shipped an additional 4.81 million units in the 5 years and 9 months since then, from January 1st 2014 to September 30th, 2019 to its current 16.41 million figure it's at now.

Sun/Moon's first shipment was 14.69 million units from its launch to December 31st, 2016. Since that first shipment, it only shipped a dismal 1.48 million units, bringing it to its current the 16.17 million figure it's at now.

Legs and Pokemon don't exactly go together. It's going to sell through most of its lifetime shipments at launch, and if it's noticeably smaller than Sun/Moon and X/Y, that won't be a good sign.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

1 million physical copies are certainly good for Pokemon SnS in a digital age today. The leg of the software is the deciding factor whether it's going to be a major letdown or not. 

Splatoon is already around ~4m physical+Digital with opening sales at 670k physical. 

An online, multi-player, 3rd person shooter has a very, very different sales trajectory from a JRPG, especially one that's as historically front-loaded like Pokemon.

X/Y's first shipment was 11.61 million units from its launch to December 31st, 2013. Since then, it only shipped an additional 4.81 million units in the 5 years and 9 months since then, from January 1st 2014 to September 30th, 2019 to its current 16.41 million figure it's at now.

Sun/Moon's first shipment was 14.69 million units from its launch to December 31st, 2016. Since that first shipment, it only shipped a dismal 1.48 million units, bringing it to its current the 16.17 million figure it's at now.

Legs and Pokemon don't exactly go together. It's going to sell through most of its lifetime shipments at launch, and if it's noticeably smaller than Sun/Moon and X/Y, that won't be a good sign.

Not a good sign? 
Pokemon SnS sales will be similar to the other mainline games with 60$ price point. Japan will be down for the sales but the western markets will cover for it. 

If Pokemon Let's Go P/E managed to shipped 11.28m around the world with shitty performance on the Japanese market, I don't think Pokemon SnS needs to worry at all.

Pokemon SnS is destined to sell over 15m without any problem. 

I think 1,2M first week should be guaranteed for pokemon sw sh, just if it has same rate as lets go it would only need 508 points here

PAOerfulone said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

How many did US/UM ship after that though? More than likely cut S/M's legs a bit. 

Pokémon still under performing, I thought it will help push S light in Japan
Still it will be a big surprise for me if it doesn't sell 1M on it's release

Around the Network

Pokémon IP is too strong guys.
Even though the latest games have no been the best, Pokémon name itself carries a incredible weight. The game will sell a lot, I have no doubt.

You guys do know that the Pokemon double pack is two individual sales; i.e., two games being sold together. Famitsu counts them as seperate sales as well. So counting in today's Comg ratings, Pokemon Sword and Shield is at 582 points.

Also, it's going to sell 1.2million minimum first week

Days Left Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Splatoon 2 Pokemon Sword/Shield
14 641 774 405
13 651 785 415
12 671 810 428
11 689 820
10 704 836
9 720 840
8 737 847
7 752 853
6 783 870
5 818 890
4 838 910
3 870 920
2 906 933
1 935 941
Launch 1438 1020

If let's go managed to sell over 11 millions in less than a year i'm sure a new gen with a bigger install base can do a couple millions higher. I mean depends if the game is not a trash can but like let's go didn't have any hype to it and was a casual remake of a game everybody played 5 times so in any scenario it will do well.