By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

DolPhanTendo said:
Damn!!! Our million in a month is looking more and more correct T-Bone , actually got laugh at for guaranteeing it in my Thread. Consoles have to be being moved as well now too, wouldn't you think?

Million is looking more likely! As for console moving? I dunno. I hope so, nothing atm is pointing to this. 

Hopefully it does, im hoping for a 20k Week for splatoon (japan). Hopefully NPD brings us good news too

Around the Network
Tlozjb said:
tbone51 said:
Anybody think Splatoon Shipments can exceed 200k FW in japan?

My prediction for retail alone is 190k, so with digital I will say yes! Though this is going by what the blogger that Hiska-kun shared said, about it already being higher than XCX and possibly doubling by release, which would mean a minimum shipment of 240k for retails, and seeing how conservative Nintendo is with new IP shipments, a good part of that should be sold-through FW, around 50k units on shelves, is a pretty good number, and seeing how the game is not that big, it should have some nice digital numbers, so I will say that it can indeed pass the 200k mark in its first week.

That migh be too optimistic :0

As much as i hope its true, im still in the 100k-120k Selling boat, intill i hear shipment numbers being over 170k-180k!

If it ships 200k, that would be AMAZING!

Edit: If it is going to have a 1p:1k ratio FW, then 137k Minimum...... pls god let that be true

Dont know how reliable this guy is on gaf, he is from japan and not having a source (pls some1 confirm this), but he posted this...

"It's being advertised crazily over here (currently amount of ad is ranked at 9th among all products (not games) advertised in Japan). Personally it's been a while since last time I've seen Nintendo dumping such marketing money for a game, let alone WiiU game.."

tbone51 said:
Dont know how reliable this guy is on gaf, he is from japan and not having a source (pls some1 confirm this), but he posted this...

"It's being advertised crazily over here (currently amount of ad is ranked at 9th among all products (not games) advertised in Japan). Personally it's been a while since last time I've seen Nintendo dumping such marketing money for a game, let alone WiiU game.."

I don't really think we need an inside source from Japan to verify that Nintendo is giving Splatoon a strong marketing push. We have an official comment from the UK saying they're treating it like Mario Kart. I think it's safe to conclude that goes for every territory.

the_dengle said:

Well theorically Universal Studios Florida is about the entertainment industry as whole (movies, television, stage plays, music, etc.). I think a video game area wouldn't be out of place. I'd merge World Expo (Fear Factor and Men in Black) and Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone and replace them with Nintendo. Also I'm not sure what this zone of the park is (probably like staff quarters or something) but they could use some of that space:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Universal+Orlando+Resort/@28.480272,-81.4659556,248m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x1adc62268ae9b19!6m1!1e1

Islands of Adventure is too ahead in attendance (over 1 million ahead) although I don't know how Universal Studios Florida has been doing since the new Harry Potter area opened. Surely better but Universal Studios Florida needs something big of it's own.

Sorry for off-topic everyone but this is very important as well!!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Tlozjb said:

My prediction for retail alone is 190k, so with digital I will say yes! Though this is going by what the blogger that Hiska-kun shared said, about it already being higher than XCX and possibly doubling by release, which would mean a minimum shipment of 240k for retails, and seeing how conservative Nintendo is with new IP shipments, a good part of that should be sold-through FW, around 50k units on shelves, is a pretty good number, and seeing how the game is not that big, it should have some nice digital numbers, so I will say that it can indeed pass the 200k mark in its first week.

As much as i hope its true, im still in the 100k-120k Selling boat, intill i hear shipment numbers being over 170k-180k!

Edit: If it is going to have a 1p:1k ratio FW, then 137k Minimum...... pls god let that be true

Maybe, maybe not.

When we learned of Splatoon having a bigger shipment than XCX, Splatoon had 69 points, going that it is only a 1p:1k ratio, that would put Splatoon at 69k, and leaving 51k units at store, if the shipment is of 120k, but if it was noted that the shipment was bigger than XCX, then a mere 2k difference, isn't exactly something to note, maybe something around a 10k difference would be more noteworthy, but 61k units left in store shelves, seem to be a bit too much for Nintendo, seeing how they are. and how this is a new IP, so the game will probably a bit higher than a 1p:1k ratio, even if it is by a mere decimal.  

So going by what Splatoon has now in points and using what Pikmin 3 had as a ratio(1p:1270k), Splatoon would already have a 173k FW, and if the shipment does double by the time it releases as mentioned by the blogger that would still leave around 66k units in store shelves, and it still seems like a bit too high to be left in stores, seeing how Nintendo shipments usually go, maaaaybe 60k to be left in store shelves, putting retail FW at 179k with what it has at the moment.  So if it has anything similar to Pikmin 3 has a a ratio, and it can double what it had a week ago as its shipment(which it should if the ratio hasn't fluctuated, actually it should achieve it tomorrow), a 190k+ opening should be possible

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Tlozjb said:
tbone51 said:

Maybe, maybe not.

When we learned of Splatoon having a bigger shipment than XCX, Splatoon had 69 points, going that it is only a 1p:1k ratio, that would put Splatoon at 69k, and leaving 51k units at store, if the shipment is of 120k, but if it was noted that the shipment was bigger than XCX, then a mere 2k difference, isn't exactly something to note, maybe something around a 10k difference would be more noteworthy, but 61k units left in store shelves, seem to be a bit too much for Nintendo, seeing how they are. and how this is a new IP, so the game will probably a bit higher than a 1p:1k ratio, even if it is by a mere decimal.  

So going by what Splatoon has now in points and using what Pikmin 3 had as a ratio(1p:1270k), Splatoon would already have a 173k FW, and if the shipment does double by the time it releases as mentioned by the blogger that would still leave around 66k units in store shelves, and it still seems like a bit too high to be left in stores, seeing how Nintendo shipments usually go, maaaaybe 60k to be left in store shelves, putting retail FW at 179k with what it has at the moment.  So if it has anything similar to Pikmin 3 has a a ratio, and it can double what it had a week ago as its shipment(which it should if the ratio hasn't fluctuated, actually it should achieve it tomorrow), a 190k+ opening should be possible

Like i said i be very happy with your outcome! Also thankz, i found my answer. 69p when the Splatoon shipment > 118k. The numbers doubled in pre orders so maybe the shipment will be 200k+!

We'll find out soon enough!

tbone51 said:
Tlozjb said:

Maybe, maybe not.

Like i said i be very happy with your outcome! Also thankz, i found my answer. 69p when the Splatoon shipment > 118k. The numbers doubled in pre orders so maybe the shipment will be 200k+!

We'll find out soon enough!

Well unless Ninty screams it at their top of their lungs, we would still probably have to wait till next Wednesday for some clear numbers, and that is still quite far away :P  

I wonder if it can get close to 300k when including digital, if it does double XCX shipment's tomorrow, it would still have 2 more day to get some more points, and we would also have to factor in digital sales, which would probably be high, seeing how small the game is, and seeing how its main attraction is the online mode, some may just play some matches and then just take a break with another game, and may find it a bit bothersome to be changing disks so fastly, and could go digital instead.

Though whatever happens, seeing a Wii U game, that is a new IP doing so wonderful, is just magnificent!

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

YSO predictions

Week 22, 2015 (May 25 - May 31)

[WIU] Splatoon < 150k
[3DS] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Deluxe < 50k
[PSV] Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo tr. < 15k

[WIU] Hardware 15-20k

Splatoon slaying, basically think it'll be easily 100k+. Wonder how much exactly it'll be! Hopefully YSO is wrong and Splatoon does more XD

tbone51 said:
YSO predictions

Week 22, 2015 (May 25 - May 31)

[WIU] Splatoon < 150k
[3DS] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Deluxe < 50k
[PSV] Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo tr. < 15k

[WIU] Hardware 15-20k

Splatoon slaying, basically think it'll be easily 100k+. Wonder how much exactly it'll be! Hopefully YSO is wrong and Splatoon does more XD

Numbers are broken for me. 

If anyone else is having this problem, Splatoon is < 150K, Miku is < 50K, Cross Ange is < 15K