By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

PAOerfulone said:
Well, I don't think I can say the same for America, since we're all so picky and hard with online, and I fear that the early connection issues yesterday may have hurt pre-orders in NA, if someone has evidence against this, please let me know.
But it seems as though Japan didn't care, because this game is even bigger than ever before with 3 days left.
I gotta change my Japanese prediction. I'll be back

The only evidence that can really be provided is that before the testfire, the game was around #17-20 on Amazon US and since the testfire, it's been in the #7-10 range.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

So it would seem like it's had the exact same effect over here too. And that's not counting the Smash Bros. costumes you get if you pre-order it from GameStop.

Skullwaker said:

Oh, for sure. Especially since it'll have free DLC updates, it's multiplayer focused like MK8, and...it's A Nintendo game.

Yeah, I don't think it should go on forever either. Just long enough to give the game widespread attention and make the characters easily recognizable in Japanese media. 

Eesh. I think it takes more than an anime adaptation to become a popular culture icon in Japan. You gotta go the whole nine yards with merchandising out the wazoo.

Honestly I think one of the strongest promotional outlets this franchise could have going forward (thinking long-term here, not this first game) is the Universal deal. Splatoon-themed stuff would be an absolutely perfect fit for Universal Studios.

the_dengle said:
Eesh. I think it takes more than an anime adaptation to become a popular culture icon in Japan. You gotta go the whole nine yards with merchandising out the wazoo.

Honestly I think one of the strongest promotional outlets this franchise could have going forward (thinking long-term here, not this first game) is the Universal deal. Splatoon-themed stuff would be an absolutely perfect fit for Universal Studios.

To be fair, there's also a Splatoon manga and plushies being released as well. But you're right lol.

Oh my god, yes. They could have like a mini-paintball arena themed after Splatoon. Or even just a rollercoaster that sprays ink on you during the ride. The possibilities are endless. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Maybe they could do a Splatoon themed ride. Where you and another friend go into a vehicle with 2 Splattershots attached to them and as you go through the ride you're just competing to mark the most territory with your respective colors like in the actual game, then at the end of the ride you go to a computer screen that shows both of your scores and see who won, and the winner gets a coupon or something for a free prize at a Splatoon themed store just outside the ride!

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:

To be fair, there's also a Splatoon manga and plushies being released as well. But you're right lol.

Oh my god, yes. They could have like a mini-paintball arena themed after Splatoon. Or even just a rollercoaster that sprays ink on you during the ride. The possibilities are endless. 

Pretty sure the manga was just a one-off in a magazine. I mean, when something goes for the anime tie-in promotion, a short 13-episode anime wouldn't cut it. 26 would probably be the minimum. In the end though I don't think Splatoon *needs* anything like that, it seems like the game will sell fairly well on its own merits.

I was thinking just getting some merch in the shops would be pretty good. Not just the shops in the "Nintendo" area -- there are shops by the park entrances and stuff that have a variety of merchandise from all of the licenses. With the swag theme it has going on, Splatoon brings a lot of potential shirts and accessories.

Referring to Orlando here by the way, never been to any other Universal parks. My guess is that the Nintendo section will replace the Lost Continent in the Islands of Adventure:

There's nothing of interest there, I'm sure it's the least popular theme in the park by a mile. It's big enough. It's in a good spot, right between Seuss and Harry Potter.

I bring it up because the Lost Continent has this thing called the Mystic Fountain that shit-talks people while it squirts water at them. It would be criminally easy to re-theme this as a Splatoon fountain. Slap some LED lights inside the fountain so the water looks like it's colored when it comes out. (I think people would object to unwittingly being tie-dyed.)

the_dengle said:
Skullwaker said:

Pretty sure the manga was just a one-off in a magazine. I mean, when something goes for the anime tie-in promotion, a short 13-episode anime wouldn't cut it. 26 would probably be the minimum. In the end though I don't think Splatoon *needs* anything like that, it seems like the game will sell fairly well on its own merits.

I was thinking just getting some merch in the shops would be pretty good. Not just the shops in the "Nintendo" area -- there are shops by the park entrances and stuff that have a variety of merchandise from all of the licenses. With the swag theme it has going on, Splatoon brings a lot of potential shirts and accessories.

Referring to Orlando here by the way, never been to any other Universal parks. My guess is that the Nintendo section will replace the Lost Continent in the Islands of Adventure:

There's nothing of interest there, I'm sure it's the least popular theme in the park by a mile. It's big enough. It's in a good spot, right between Seuss and Harry Potter.

I bring it up because the Lost Continent has this thing called the Mystic Fountain that shit-talks people while it squirts water at them. It would be criminally easy to re-theme this as a Splatoon fountain. Slap some LED lights inside the fountain so the water looks like it's colored when it comes out. (I think people would object to unwittingly being tie-dyed.)

Big Universal Studios fan here.

The Lost Continent is undeniably lacking in content (although Sinbad is great) but it's also pretty small in size. As a theme I think it's probably my favorite though. The shops and the restaurants and the overall ambiance is just great. Seuss Landing and Toon Lagoon are far more likely to be replaced. Seuss Landing is showing its age big time and let's be honest Dr. Seuss isn't getting any more relevant as the time goes by and most people outside of the US don't know his work. And besides the area is aimed for young children and I would guess the Nintendo area is also going to be mostly aimed at young children. And Toon Lagoon's theme is just lame in my opinion. I'm sure it might be nostalgic to some adults but newer generations have no attachement to any of the stuff in that area. And lastly I don't know how long Universal's license for Marvel stuff will last. They might have to replace it soon.

But honestly I doubt the Nintendo stuff will be on Islands of Adventure.

Damn!!! Our million in a month is looking more and more correct T-Bone , actually got laugh at for guaranteeing it in my Thread. Consoles have to be being moved as well now too, wouldn't you think?

tbone51 said:
Anybody think Splatoon Shipments can exceed 200k FW in japan?

My prediction for retail alone is 190k, so with digital I will say yes! Though this is going by what the blogger that Hiska-kun shared said, about it already being higher than XCX and possibly doubling by release, which would mean a minimum shipment of 240k for retails, and seeing how conservative Nintendo is with new IP shipments, a good part of that should be sold-through FW, around 50k units on shelves, is a pretty good number, and seeing how the game is not that big, it should have some nice digital numbers, so I will say that it can indeed pass the 200k mark in its first week.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Boutros said:

Big Universal Studios fan here.

The Lost Continent is undeniably lacking in content (although Sinbad is great) but it's also pretty small in size. As a theme I think it's probably my favorite though. The shops and the restaurants and the overall ambiance is just great. Seuss Landing and Toon Lagoon are far more likely to be replaced. Seuss Landing is showing its age big time and let's be honest Dr. Seuss isn't getting any more relevant as the time goes by and most people outside of the US don't know his work. And besides the area is aimed for young children and I would guess the Nintendo area is also going to be mostly aimed at young children. And Toon Lagoon's theme is just lame in my opinion. I'm sure it might be nostalgic to some adults but newer generations have no attachement to any of the stuff in that area. And lastly I don't know how long Universal's license for Marvel stuff will last. They might have to replace it soon.

But honestly I doubt the Nintendo stuff will be on Islands of Adventure.

The problem is that Seuss Landing and Toon Lagoon each have a purpose. Toon Lagoon is a water park. I can't see it being "replaced" except by another water park. It also flows really well from the Marvel area, the Marvel comics go right into Blondie and stuff and the transition feels really smooth. Likewise, Seuss Landing is where all the kids rides are. I can't see it being replaced except by another all-for-kids park.

I doubt the Marvel stuff is going away any time soon. That's a mutually beneficial business for both Disney and Universal. Disney World doesn't even have a lot of attractions heavily themed after their properties. It's mostly just Fantasyland. Every time someone buys a Marvel comicbook or a ticket to a Marvel movie, Disney gets a cut. The Universal park is advertising their products. I don't think it makes financial sense for them to tell Universal to take it all down so that they can spend millions of dollars building their own attractions, taking up valuable space and resources, to do the job Islands of Adventure is already doing for them completely free of effort. And I'm sure the recent boon in popularity for Marvel characters has caused increased traffic to that part of Universal, so I doubt they would be interested in getting rid of it. Honestly I think both Disney and Universal are laughing all the way to the bank at this perceived rivalry between the two parks.

I also don't think the Nintendo theme could go anywhere but Islands of Adventure. Universal Studios could surely use a rehaul, but it's 100% film-themed. A Nintendo-themed section would feel somewhat out of place. Where would you even put it? I suppose it could replace Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone, but then you have the same like-for-like problem as replacing Seuss Landing. I doubt Universal has the space (or interest) to create a third park entirely, so to me it's gotta be Islands of Adventure, and that means it's gotta be the Lost Continent, Seuss Landing, or Toon Lagoon.

I'm sure the Nintendo section could make a great water park. Mario Sunshine ride, Big Blue water coaster, surfing Pikachu, the works. I don't think they would limit the theme that way though. I think Toon Lagoon is great and it's perfect as it is. I have no strong opinions one way or the other on Seuss Landing, I don't think Dr. Seuss will ever be irrelevant or unpopular. The Lorax just came out a few years ago and was pretty successful, and the studio that made it has another Seuss movie due out in 2017 (How the Grinch Stole Christmas). I do think Nintendo could work as a substitute for the 'kids' section, and very well at that, but I don't see any particular reason to give it a makeover if the rides are decent (although I can't comment on them).

I really think it's The Lost Continent. It must be the least popular part of Islands of Adventure by far, and as such would be the first theme Universal would look to replace. There are no rides there. They could do a lot with that real estate, look at how much they crammed into the two Harry Potter parks.

HOW BOUT THOSE COMG POINTS THOUGH AM I RIGHT