By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

NintendoPie said:
BaldrSkies said:

The blog supposedly had Media Create info. Don't use Famitsu numbers (it's a worse tracker anyway).

Do both or just one track download cards/codes? I thought Famitsu's numbers were always higher, or just different in general, because they were the only ones tracking downloads.

Do you really think Media Create would just ignore a portion of sales? Famitsu isn't always higher for everything.

Just look at Youkai Watch for this week, for example.

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:

Do you really think Media Create would just ignore a portion of sales? Famitsu isn't always higher for everything.

Just look at Youkai Watch for this week, for example.

Why would they not? Only just recently did sales trackers start tracking digital downloads. 

All in all, your answer is 'yes, both do.' That's all I needed. In which case, MC definitely seems more reputable. 

They don't actually track all digital downloads. What they track are download cards. They ring it up at the point of sale terminal just as they would a regular game. They don't track downloads purchased via the eShop.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
They don't actually track all digital downloads. What they track are download cards. They ring it up at the point of sale terminal just as they would a regular game. They don't track downloads purchased via the eShop.

Correct. Download cards aren't considered a digital sale anyways because you're redeeming a physical voucher that you bought from a physical store.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BaldrSkies said:

Can we stop believing random internet blogs now?

Why would we? Blog never said it was going to be 400k, from what hiska said it could be closer to 400k. And sincerely, 350~400k is lot closer from all the 250k most people here were predicting.

Around the Network
benao87 said:
BaldrSkies said:

Can we stop believing random internet blogs now?

Why would we? Blog never said it was going to be 400k, from what hiska said it could be closer to 400k. And sincerely, 350~400k is lot closer from all the 250k most people here were predicting.

250k is as close as 400k to 325k...

Boutros said:
benao87 said:

It was never going to be 400k, and nobody here predicted that (iirc). Even hiska was only addresing the issue for predictions under 300k, not even he said that it was going to be 100% over 350k.

benao87 said:
Boutros said:
benao87 said:

It was never going to be 400k, and nobody here predicted that (iirc). Even hiska was only addresing the issue for predictions under 300k, not even he said that it was going to be 100% over 350k.

The guy from the blog did say he expected 400k. Sure he wasn't 100% sure but who is 100% of a prediction anyway.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7705942.html

And most people on NeoGaf took it from granted.

All I'm saying is that we should be careful when it comes to unofficial sources.

Boutros said:
benao87 said:
Boutros said:

The guy from the blog did say he expected 400k. Sure he wasn't 100% sure but who is 100% of a prediction anyway.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7705942.html

And most people on NeoGaf took it from granted.

All I'm saying is that we should be careful when it comes to unofficial sources.

I don't care for what people on NeoGaf took for granted, my point is about what happened in this thread. My japanese is not very good (must rely on dictionaries) I think it says "GameShop: MarioKart 8 is a RocketStart. First week may be aprox. 400k"

Probably first day sales were really good, and this is worrying as a front loaded MK is probably the least thing Nintendo wants.

Now, the whole thing started because Hiska couldn't understand why people were predicting less than 300k, when there were information (the blog entry), that suggested that it could go up to 400k. And then baldr downplaying the blog.

Yes, 400k is as close to 325k as 250k. And assuming it was going to be 400k by that blog entry is not sensible. But, was a useful piece of information that some people choose to ignore.

benao87 said:

I don't care for what people on NeoGaf took for granted, my point is about what happened in this thread. My japanese is not very good (must rely on dictionaries) I think it says "GameShop: MarioKart 8 is a RocketStart. First week may be aprox. 400k"

Probably first day sales were really good, and this is worrying as a front loaded MK is probably the least thing Nintendo wants.

Now, the whole thing started because Hiska couldn't understand why people were predicting less than 300k, when there were information (the blog entry), that suggested that it could go up to 400k. And then baldr downplaying the blog.

Yes, 400k is as close to 325k as 250k. And assuming it was going to be 400k by that blog entry is not sensible. But, was a useful piece of information that some people choose to ignore.

But the information wasn't as reliable as Hiska made it to be. That's the thing. He said:

"This blog can't be doubted. I hope from tomorrow, when numbers shows up, nobody doubts again. This blog has never been wrong."

Considering today's results I don't think I  was wrong to doubt the source and I will continue to do so. Sure it gave us an indication that MK8 was probably doing better than what COMG was showing but it wasn't nearly as accurate as it was pegged to be. So baldr wasn't wrong to say that we shouldn't blindly believe unofficial sources the way NeoGaf did but you're right that it can still be a useful information if taken with a critical approach. There's no one to blame here. But the predictions below 300k were, in retrospective, really not that bad considering that MK8 did 325k.

Anyway I think we're saying the same thing lol