By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Well it is mk so wonders could happen

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
Boutros said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

You think with this amazing number for mk8 we will see wii us first million few seller tone?

COMG isn't actually painting a good picture for Mario Kart 8 but I think that's just COMG being an oddity.

Really? I think some are comparing 3ds ratio to WiiU? (or maybe we just dont have enough to go by on wiiu?)

DAYS         MK7             NSMBU       DQX         SM3DW     Pikmin 3    Mario Kart 8

FINAL  ~ 294 points    200 points   59 points  66 points  74 points    259 points

First Week Sales  SM3DW= 99,588     NSMBU= 163,528   MK7= 423.619

Pikmin 3= 92,720       MK8= ???,???   

Edit: DK:TF had 24points final day, 35k FW. Of course imo i dont think MK8 will do over the points but i dont think 426 isnt as bad as people are believing, in fact i think its good

tbone51 said:

I knew 800 was crazy lol, but seriously 259→426 is great no? Looking at other releases this game sold an extra 60% of pre orders. Thats high or am i mistaken?

Nah, you're right.  I'd expect weekly to be 2x daily, so about 520 points from the weekly, so it's still a little below that.

But I guess it's pretty in line with what we should've been expecting without all the early stuff from GAF.  250-300k would still be a beastly opening for it.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

I knew 800 was crazy lol, but seriously 259→426 is great no? Looking at other releases this game sold an extra 60% of pre orders. Thats high or am i mistaken?

Nah, you're right.  I'd expect weekly to be 2x daily, so about 520 points from the weekly, so it's still a little below that.

But I guess it's pretty in line with what we should've been expecting without all the early stuff from GAF.  250-300k would still be a beastly opening for it.

Yeah, my original prediction was 240k FW. I think 200k+ is acceptable looking at wiiu install base + how everything else has done, I hope it can do 300k! Also i think that like how last year bundle was actually pretty good for the holidays, this year will be MK8 bundle (with maybe Wii Party U) hence why there is no bundle for only Japan :)

Legs will be more important for MK, let's just hope Japan embrace it and allow it to grow some sales.

Oh, and SSB keep disappointing.

Around the Network

Hmmmm COMG did not do so well with MK8 so I will stick to my original prediction. Big Daily at least.

benao87 said:
Legs will be more important for MK, let's just hope Japan embrace it and allow it to grow some sales.

Oh, and SSB keep disappointing.

SSB aint going to move anytime soon. I think COMG is one of the only stores you can even pre order it. Look at Amazon, you cant pre order there and 99% of the time it starts pre orders just like anywhere else. There is probably no type of sign that shows yu can pre order SSB for 3DS at COMG. Wait to at least when other Stores open up pre orders :-/ http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=super+smash

MANUELF said:

If you count western sales then Tales of Symphonia for the gamecube is without a doubt the best selling tales game worldwide, I believe it sold a million copies in the west, the only tales game that can challenge that number is tales of xillia

Well damn! That's awesome! My favorite Tales game overall, so I'm glad it did well. How does Xillia compare? I never got around to that one.

HylianSwordsman said:
MANUELF said:

If you count western sales then Tales of Symphonia for the gamecube is without a doubt the best selling tales game worldwide, I believe it sold a million copies in the west, the only tales game that can challenge that number is tales of xillia

Well damn! That's awesome! My favorite Tales game overall, so I'm glad it did well. How does Xillia compare? I never got around to that one.

Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite games of all time, i need to play more Tales of games

Wow, YW2 almost went Pokemon! And Persona did great as well. Freedom Wars is doing well for a Vita game so far out. Even Smash Bros managed to move a bit despite E3 not being for another week. And people said it would get boring again, ha!