By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tomorrow is Sony's turn of revealing financial results

How about the $1 million marketing campaign for Uncharted and the rest of the high rotation ads throughout the holiday season.

If the previous quarter was a loss of $850 million (gaming division) - I think it will be $900 - $1 billion this quarter (because they said it was going to get worse before it gets better)

Around the Network
rukusa said:
NJ5 is rubbing his hands in joy just knowing there will be a loss on the Sony side.

Anyway my shot will go somewhere between 300 mill and 800 mill.

Well this is kind of offtopic, but IMO they should lose money until they have learned their lesson, as Microsoft already did. I don't like them as a company either in the late few years (as I used to), which quite frankly doesn't help.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
rukusa said:
NJ5 is rubbing his hands in joy just knowing there will be a loss on the Sony side.

Well this is kind of offtopic, but IMO they should lose money until they have learned their lesson, as Microsoft already did. I don't like them as a company either in the late few years (as I used to), which quite frankly doesn't help.

Well it was always pretty clear where your stand point is/was.

To be honest after 2005, 2006 and Microsoft's headstart they've probably learned their lesson. They've dropped the arrogance to a good reasonable low even with the occasional bizarre comments which can be overlooked.

I much rather want Sony over Microsoft on the market dispite their mistakes, Nintendo had the same deal for them going back in the mid 90's being overconfident... and apparently its starting to show again :/...

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

NJ5 said:
rukusa said:

I'd like to know what lesson that is?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I hope everyone is getting their gifs ready.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
zackblue said:
NJ5 said:
rukusa said:

I'd like to know what lesson that is?

Everyone has some reason to be, as they say... "butthurt" over something. Let it be.

He may have a negative nature towards Sony but at least he doesnt act like Sony came to his house, murdered and raped his family, tied him and made him watch. 

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Im calling a 450 mil loss!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Fumanchu said:
How about the $1 million marketing campaign for Uncharted and the rest of the high rotation ads throughout the holiday season.

If the previous quarter was a loss of $850 million (gaming division) - I think it will be $900 - $1 billion this quarter (because they said it was going to get worse before it gets better)

how does reducing cost of the components mean they will have a higher loss :P Software is doing ok, and they went from losing 2-350 dollars per unit sold to losing.... almost nothing o.O;

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

450 million loss.

So in one part of the article it talks losses and in another part of the article it talks about profits. Maybe it's close to breaking even.

The question is, did they already devalue their consoles in the previous quarter for the price cuts?

We should know sometime tonight, right? Since this is Japan we're talking about.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.