By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Game Database Suggestions

I have an idea!

Change the name of the Game Data Base to "Montana's Game Data". That would be fucking sweet!

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

Add the ability to add a single game to multiple platforms. Currently you have to add a game 5 times if its in 5 platforms. It would be nice if there was a multiselect for platforms that it was on.

If release dates or something else is different, then you could go back and edit 1-2 fields, instead of having to do all of them all 5 times.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

lol, i already did a users poll a few weeks ago. ioi still hasnt looked into adding the features =/

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

nordlead said:
Add the ability to add a single game to multiple platforms. Currently you have to add a game 5 times if its in 5 platforms. It would be nice if there was a multiselect for platforms that it was on.

If release dates or something else is different, then you could go back and edit 1-2 fields, instead of having to do all of them all 5 times.

norlead, I think people would be adding even more mistakes in if that was implemented. I think it's best to add every entry singularly. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could see a lot of people adding a game on many consoles at once, but never going back to edit the different releases, devs, etc.

I like Talon's ideas though. I myself have had a naughty fantasy or two about tabs for each region.

The page indexes at the bottom of each screen would be a very, very nice addition.

Would also be nice...If I'm on a  game's page after editing it, I could simply click the system it's on to go back to the list for that system. In other words, on Mario Galaxy's page you see "Games>Super Mario Galaxy". It would be cool if it was "Games>Wii>Super Mario Galaxy", that way we could jump straight back into Wii games when editing.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

There needs to be some way to change game titles, or maybe flag them for fixing/deleting. I see a lot of games ranging from misspelled titles to strange, unholy mergings of the English and Japanese titles.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Aye, adding boxart from the beginning would be nice too.

Claude, that's a good idea about flagging them. If I'm not mistaken, ioi said not long ago that he might be doing something like that soon.

The game rating system - maybe should be changed.

1) Vote could be added only by registered users.
2) only once.
3) there should be history of votes on that game.
4) user also should have vote history, that anyone could see, what scores he is giving.
5) there should be also diagrams/graphics on score.

i like how the scores are done here - http://www.ag.ru/games/witcher/rating_breakdown
That would be perfect rating system on vgchartz, imo.
you can see how many 10, 9, 8 game got.
You can see how many games user rated and what score he made.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

All those features are nice but eliminating (and then preventing) duplicates is more important IMO

TalonMan said:
Added 1a - would be nice to earn some VG$$ for hunting down those box-art images... ...some of them can be quite taxing, right quigontcb? :P

Aye, they can. I had to do some sniffing around for the Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective boxart today.

The only problem I see with getting VGbucks for adding boxart, is that it could be easily abused. I'm sure there are ways to work around it some, but what's to keep people from removing a boxart, then adding it right back? Then they would probably justify it by saying a certain game was more popular in America, so they removed the Japanese boxart and put the American boxart in. 

I'd love to get VGbucks for adding all of these boxarts(I'd be stinkin rich now). However, if it had a negative effect on the database, I'd rather it just stay as something we do because we want a solid database.

That could work I think. Would probably be the best solution too. I just hope people wouldn't be as hasty with boxart additions as they are in other areas of the database.