By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 30 essential downloadable games on wii u

I thought this was a nice article for Wii u owners who seem to be taking a beating lately. I don't know if someone posted this already.

Just a little treat from an evil Sony PlayStation fan  

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/403832/features/the-30-essential-wii-u-games-to-download-now/

Around the Network

So far bought all tables of Zen 2, Little Inferno, Trine 2, Chasing Aurora, and all the 30 cent classics even though I own 3 previously.

Seems like they just listed everything available.

See me sig for what I have and want. Definitely think the eShop will be very big for Wii U as it picks up a ton of indie titles and especially mobile based experiences.

Ah, they just needed 30 games to fill out a list, since they did 30 games for PS3 and 360. This is just one of those cases where journalistic balance is a little silly. Wii U really doesn't have 30 essential eShop games yet.

Putting The Cave at #2 is just plain reader hostile. It's a lousy port of a mediocre game.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Putting The Cave at #2 is just plain reader hostile. It's a lousy port of a mediocre game.

I don't see why someone would call the Wii U version a lousy port, but I agree, it's a mediocre game. Ron Gilbert - one of my most favorite game designers of old - gets favorable reviews too easily these days imo.

Around the Network
okr said:
famousringo said:

I don't see why someone would call the Wii U version a lousy port, but I agree, it's a mediocre game. Ron Gilbert - one of my most favorite game designers of old - gets favorable reviews too easily these days imo.

A juddery framerate in a game with stylized graphics and a fixed camera, and a failure to do anything interesting with the gamepad make it a lousy port. I am assuming that the framerate is stable on other platforms, but I guess they all suck for all I know.

Also clicked on page 2 to see the WiiWare games and it's a terrible selection of WiiWare titles.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing

i got runner 2 but that's it besides 2 of the 30 cent games and rayman legends challenge

famousringo said:
okr said:
famousringo said:

A juddery framerate in a game with stylized graphics and a fixed camera, and a failure to do anything interesting with the gamepad make it a lousy port. I am assuming that the framerate is stable on other platforms, but I guess they all suck for all I know.

Also clicked on page 2 to see the WiiWare games and it's a terrible selection of WiiWare titles.

You really think so? I thought it was a great selection. What are some WiiWare games you would recommend over those on page 2 of that list?

famousringo said:
okr said:
famousringo said:

My biggest gripe is the fact that it doesn't support off-TV play.  How hard could that have been to implement?  I enjoyed the demo and might have considered buying the game, but without that feature I might as well buy it in a Steam sale for a couple bucks.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

burninmylight said:
famousringo said:

You really think so? I thought it was a great selection. What are some WiiWare games you would recommend over those on page 2 of that list?

I'll admit, I let my anger over the inclusion of the horrible port of Tales of Monkey Island to cloud my judgement. Most of the list is at least defensible, but I could list off a dozen WiiWare games in my collection better than that game if you want me to. Bad framerate, glitches, crashes, and dysfunctional audio balance. I kept expecting Telltale to fix some issues in the next chapter and they never, ever did.