By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NFL Draft - How did your team fare?

Grade your teams draft

A 4 36.36%

B 1 9.09%

C 4 36.36%

D 0 0%

F 2 18.18%

Total:11

How did your team fare in the first round of the draft?  (will update after rounds 2 and 3)

My Home Team: Detroit Lions

1st Round Selection (5th overall): 'Ziggy' Ansah

My Opinion:  At the start of the draft I knew it was unrealistic to think that Joeckel or Fisher would be there at 5th overall.  I had hope that Lane Johnson the 3rd best OT would be available and that we would select him, but even he was gone.  So with the top 3 offensive tackles off the board I would prefer that the Lions either trade down or select the best DB in the draft (Dee Millner).  With this addition we would have made our secondary our strength on defense.  Instead we chose 'Ziggy' who without a doubt is a freak of nature, but still very raw and will be a project.  I honestly don't have faith in our defensive line coaches to teach him to play at the highest level when he has only 1 year of starting under his belt.  That being said he did perform very well in the senior bowl and the Lions coaches were able to coach him in that game.  They must know something that the experts don't to be so high on him.

Overall, I am disappointed with the Lions choice.

Edit:

I'm fairly pleased with the 2nd and 3rd rounders.  We needed a CB and OG.  Hopefully we go after a TE in the later rounds.

Around the Network

Very happy with the Vikings picks all we need now is a LB.

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

Wickedshyn said:

Yeah I bet every Viking fan is estatic after having 3 first round picks, your so lucky.  O, and congrats.

My team: The Oakland Raiders selected D.J. Hayden + 2nd round pick.
At the end of the day these players are prospects whether their great college careers translate into great NFL careers is totally a mystery. Not thrilled nor disappointed about the Raiders pick.

Cj2i3 said:
My team: The Oakland Raiders selected D.J. Hayden + 2nd round pick.
At the end of the day these players are prospects whether their great college careers translate into great NFL careers is totally a mystery. Not thrilled nor disappointed about the Raiders pick.

I agree that there are no for sure things in the draft.  However, some players are close to being for sure things while others are considered boom or bust.  I think its a mistake to choose a player at number 5 overall when having them panning out is basically a coin flip.

Around the Network

Chicago Bears first round was another O-Line filler.

Kyle Long (Howie Long and Chris Long) from Oregon.

Seems like a decent player but has a shaky past personally and while his predecessors says he's got the best talent in the family, he's got a lot to show still. I'm uncertain if this was a wise pick.

2nd round looks like the bears filled that LB position.

They're definitely hitting the holes, but only the season will say if they were good choices.

Packers. Im very disappointed, yes a RB and DE is nice but we need a better OL.

Wickedshyn said:

Yeah but where are we gonna get an LB who is at Brinkley's quality level?

It seems like only NFC North fans are on VGchartz. lol.