By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Realtime Ray Tracing in Killzone Shadow Fall

As long it play better, the only way to progress better FPS games, you need better physics. Good examples: Resident Evil 4, Metroid Shooter game (Nintendo Land) and Max Payne 3. (If there any other games I miss, let me know). In RE4, when you you someone leg, they fall, in the Metroid mini game in Nintendo Land the shooter is highly perceive almost to the point that you have full control of your aim and the control is mere perfect, Max Payne shooting is realistic and perceive where you are able to view your damage.

Since the game is rumor to be done, I hope they improve on the game mechanic because I wasn't impress by the gameplay same with Infamous, I love infamous 1 and 2 gameplay and I hope they continue.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

Sal.Paradise said:

Watch the video again :)

lol just the picture seems weird... in moviment everything gets better... now I understand.

ethomaz said:

Kynes said:

They are doing an approximation, do you understand the word approximation? Read the Beyond3D thread, not only the first post. That technique was used even on the Stalker games, several years ago. Full pipeline raytracing is the holy grial of graphics, is an aberration to call this raytracing. Is like saying FXAA is a mathematically correct antialiasing filter, when it's nothing more than a blur filter.

PS: The op text is a quote of a guy who doesn't understand what he is talking about, and is corrected by several users on the same thread

PS2: When you are doing raytracing, you don't need pre-baked lightmaps, or cubemaps, or any way to emulate the lightning, as the raytracing provides all the lightning info you need.

PS3: Read this and you will undestand a bit more of this "Raytracing" (lol) technique: http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?p=800381&sid=beacf2e088e9916e133b90970b4521d1#p800381

I see but nobody is expecting a real raytracing use... it is only for some little effects ... thanks for share the link.

So you accept that you were talking about something you didn't understand? This, or you were lying saying this is real raytracing knowing that it isn't.

Kynes said:

So you accept that you were talking about something you didn't understand? This, or you were lying saying this is real raytracing knowing that it isn't.

Both... I din't know a lot about the subject and they are using ray tracing in some level for that tech.

ethomaz said:

Kynes said:

Both... I din't know a lot about the subject and they are using ray tracing in some level for that tech.

The problem is that they could use raytracing to calculate lightning for only one pixel, and you could say that "they are using ray tracing in some level for that tech"

PS: It's misleading, and a buzzword for people who don't understand what means, and fall for the hype and PR bullshit.

Around the Network
Kynes said:

It's good that you and few others here give more details about the tech but it is YOU who is also making this thread a real mess. You already brought up a comment that some ps fans will use this in console wars etc etc when no one actually did..it's such a pre-emtive damage control mentality that is quite annoying. This is why I like Zarx much better..that guy can come in..don't attack users and calmly explain technical details on the pros and cons on various topics. You could learn a few things from him. Such un-needed drama smh

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Kynes said:

It's good that you and few others here give more details about the tech but it is YOU who is also making this thread a real mess. You already brought up a comment that some ps fans will use this in console wars etc etc when no one actually did..it's such a pre-emtive damage control mentality that is quite annoying. This is why I like Zarx much better..that guy can come in..don't attack users and calmly explain technical details on the pros and cons on various topics. You could learn a few things from him. Such un-needed drama smh

Cry me a river, Mugen, I'm not new on this forum and I know how this works. I'm sorry to piss on your parade, but it's tiresome to see so many times the same bullshit spread without trying to understand if it's true or not, only because system wars. I don't see anyone who favours Sony questioning the truth of what Ethomaz said, and this is something that happens on every thread of this forum. If it favours the company that I support, it's true without questions, this is how most people behave and it's infuriating.

PS: I don't come here to be accepted by people like you.

Kynes said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Kynes said:

Cry me a river, Mugen, I'm not new on this forum and I know how this works. I'm sorry to piss on your parade, but it's tiresome to see so many times the same bullshit spread without trying to understand if it's true or not, only because system wars. Ethomaz posted this when the Beyond3D forum had several posts explaining what I've said, but he decided to ignore them. He deserved to be publically called out for this.

lol people didn't pay you much attention? boo friggin hoo. You sure act like you are new to the forum. Ethomaz comes off as excited about these things..he always does. He means no harm by it nor is he one to turn around and do the opposite for another console/company etc. I don't care if you find it tiresome to see people excited. You could have done the explaining and be done with it. People, including me would have been grateful too since not many of us are tech savvy nor we really want to be. Yet you somehow brought this notion that this is all marketing, ps fans will use this in console wars etc and turned the whole discussion into a mess. It's just needless drama like I said. This is why I brought up zarx as I have a lot of respect for that guy in this forum..you can count him to leave out the BS and just explain things in an easy to understand way. 

Heck I don't think you even proved ethomaz 'wrong' here. You are just annoyed cuz the guy is excited! Think about it for a minute...that's the sad reality. No he doesn't deserve any of this nonsense from you or anyone else. I mean heck he isn't even saying it can't be done in the nextbox or anything like that...you just see his username..see he is excited and bam..must be cuz of the system warz...think about it for a minute. 

ps: this same thread was made in gaf and people manged to have a nice technical discussion on the merits, comparisons and usage of it. no system wars..no fanboys..nothing

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Kynes said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Kynes said:

Cry me a river, Mugen, I'm not new on this forum and I know how this works. I'm sorry to piss on your parade, but it's tiresome to see so many times the same bullshit spread without trying to understand if it's true or not, only because system wars. Ethomaz posted this when the Beyond3D forum had several posts explaining what I've said, but he decided to ignore them. He deserved to be publically called out for this.

lol people didn't pay you much attention? boo friggin hoo. You sure act like you are new to the forum. Ethomaz comes off as excited about these things..he always does. He means no harm by it nor is he one to turn around and do the opposite for another console/company etc. I don't care if you find it tiresome to see people excited. You could have done the explaining and be done with it. People, including me would have been grateful too since not many of us are tech savvy nor we really want to be. Yet you somehow brought this notion that this is all marketing, ps fans will use this in console wars etc and turned the whole discussion into a mess. It's just needless drama like I said. This is why I brought up zarx as I have a lot of respect for that guy in this forum..you can count him to leave out the BS and just explain things in an easy to understand way. 

Heck I don't think you even proved ethomaz 'wrong' here. You are just annoyed cuz the guy is excited! Think about it for a minute...that's the sad reality. No he doesn't deserve any of this nonsense from you or anyone else. I mean heck he isn't even saying it can't be done in the nextbox or anything like that...you just see his username..see he is excited and bam..must be cuz of the system warz...think about it for a minute. 

As I said, some of you prefer the circle jerk.

Kynes said:

As I said, some of you prefer the circle jerk.

See..this is the kind of person you are. No argument to back yourself up so let's just jump into more drama..yay

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!