By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS4 and PS3

KHlover said:
MentalAlliance said:

In a simple attempt to put this thread more on track, let's all guess the release date and forget/ignore the pointless graphics discussion going on.

I'm presonally not prepared to make a release date prediction because I came up with this just to help save this thread, but I'll take a stab at it anyway: If the rumours are true and the the game was being ported to PS4 starting some time 2 years ago, then it might be closer to completion than some might be thinking, but one must wonder how far along in development it was before it was starting to be ported to PS4, which could mean there was still substantial work to be done. Even if that's the case, two years is a fair bit of time to get work done. In any case I don't think it will release any earlier than 2014. I'm going to go with October 21, 2014.

Any other guesses?

I hope for a release 2013, I want to be able to play Kingdom Hearts III before 2016...that is just wishful thinking, though. Some time in 2014 seems to be realistic...

I'm also wanting a 2013 release, but yeah, 2014 is just more realistic.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
enditall727 said:

XD

Ive ran out of popcorn..

well im pretty sure That im more in the "know" than anybody else in this thread. Final Fantasy is my territory and im shocked at how many of you dont know the whole story behind FF13.

Ethomaz was on the right track before the "graphics" thing came into play..

Im pretty sure you dont since i have been playing FF since the Snes days and have played every FF game except for the Online ones. But id love you to show us how he was on the right track and that content was removed cos of the 360 and not a developement decision .

Ive played them all also and they are my favorite games in gaming. The FF franchise is pretty much the reason why i still even play  to this day. I believe you said that FF13 took long because of the ps3 being hard to develop for or something like that earlier and it wasnt the case

its not really the 360 but squares fault at.the end of the day because they are the individuals who decided these things with this game. Im om mobile and my phone will crash again if i make this too long under a quote so i will put it in my next post

MentalAlliance said:

In a simple attempt to put this thread more on track, let's all guess the release date and forget/ignore the pointless graphics discussion going on.

I'm presonally not prepared to make a release date prediction because I came up with this just to help save this thread, but I'll take a stab at it anyway: If the rumours are true and the the game was being ported to PS4 starting some time 2 years ago, then it might be closer to completion than some might be thinking, but one must wonder how far along in development it was before it was starting to be ported to PS4, which could mean there was still substantial work to be done. Even if that's the case, two years is a fair bit of time to get work done. In any case I don't think it will release any earlier than 2014. I'm going to go with October 21, 2014.

Any other guesses?

No way will they spring a release this year for it. Best bet is Holiday 2014. Sony will do their damdest to make their first sales year a shining one. I am guessing Uncharted 4, GT6, and FFXV for that year.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

MentalAlliance said:
KHlover said:
MentalAlliance said:

Any other guesses?

I hope for a release 2013, I want to be able to play Kingdom Hearts III before 2016...that is just wishful thinking, though. Some time in 2014 seems to be realistic...

I wonder if the game would have already released if they hadn't wasted parts of the VS-XIII team on "A realm reborn"...

kowenicki said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
ethomaz said:
While exclusive this game will the true power of FF franchise and the sale will just crush the FFXIII sales... the 360 port help to Square make the wort FF ever.

I may be misinterpreting your post -- so please correct me if I'm wrong -- but are you saying Final Fantasy XIII was the worst FF game because it was not a Sony exclusive?

he sure is...

that load of garbage raises its head regularly... its a bizarre claim.

I have to agrfee. Utter nonsense.

Around the Network

I found the video guys... check my previous post

forevercloud3000 said:
Glad to hear they are staying exclusive(supposedly anyway).I personally only own about 3 Multiplat games at anytime, they mostly disappoint me. There is something about exclusives that make them overall better games in my opinion. I feel this way for every console. I will be so glad if this MP push just dies this coming generation(which it will if one console claims total dominance again).

And side note, what the hell is going on with XIII-3? Square has actually been really silent about how this game is going. Isn't it suppose to be a holiday 13 release? Not to say I am excited for it or anything. If XIII-2 did anything good for SE's name it was that it made me appreciate XIII more, the sequel was horrible in my opinion beyond recognition. XIII wasn't all terrible.

FF Versus was always my most wanted, even before SE's started to crumble. I am a huge Tetsuya Nomura fan and have come to love everything he does.

XIII-3's trailer showed a clearly rushed product and I hope they don't talk about it until they make something impressive.

Going back to Versus, any sales predictions ? I see a 5 million minimum.

KHlover said:
MentalAlliance said:
KHlover said:

I wonder if the game would have already released if they hadn't wasted parts of the VS-XIII team on "A realm reborn"...

I'm thinking there's a good chance it could have. Who knows, maybe even the PS4 porting (if true) has slowed it down development a bit as well. In any case, with all the rumours of late it's nice to think the game is finally coming to fruition.

MentalAlliance said:
KHlover said:
MentalAlliance said:

Any other guesses?

I dont think it will be released before ff14 and ff13 3. Also they usually dont release 2 ff's in the same year. Knowing square, FF13-4 will need to be annonced and released before versus 

enditall727 said:
MentalAlliance said:

I dont think it will be released before ff14 and ff13 3. Also they usually dont release 2 ff's in the same year. Knowing square, FF13-4 will need to be annonced and released before versus 

Oh yeah, for sure. As much as I want a 2013 release, it's very unlikely. Not only is A Realm Reborn and Lightning Returns expected this year, there's also Final Fantasy X | X-2 Remaster. I'm sticking with my October 21, 2014 prediction for now.