By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nokia results: Lumia on target - 5.6m sold this qtr but non-smartphone sales falling.

Lumia is doing good

but their non-smart phone has gone down in an alarming rate. 21% drop vs. 8% drop the markets expected is very bad. This has been the strength of Nokia so no wonder the stocks went down.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

It's like the ugliest nerd in high school (msft) asked the ugliest girl to the prom (Nokia).

And my analogy is on point bc they aren't doing much at this point.

dallas said:
It's like the ugliest nerd in high school (msft) asked the ugliest girl to the prom (Nokia).

And my analogy is on point bc they aren't doing much at this point.

LOOL dude do you even lift ?

The ugly duck MS and ugly Betty came together and created a supermodel whilst making many billions and many millions of phones respectively.

I don't see the insult?...

kowenicki said:
NiKKoM said:
the decline in North America seems worrying at 400.000 devices.. they need to get that up before nobody cares about them in North America anymore.. they can't afford not having a presence there..

Maybe.  But I think the real growth market for all phones is now outside of the West to be honest.

It's a tough call. NA would be tough competitive climb against entrenched Apple and Samsung. Developing markets like Africa or india have more room for growth, but are also more price-sensitive and therefore liable to be less lucrative and more susceptible to being undercut by white box manufacturers with microscopic margins.

At any rate, it's looking like Nokia has a decent chance of surviving this transition. They may never reclaim their crown as the king of mobile, but it least it looks like they might have a place in the new world order. Wish I could say the same of RIM.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

That's one odd analogy :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

kowenicki said:
MDMAniac said:
> good results

LOL. Nokia is becoming 3rd grade vendor soon to be consumed by Asian manufacturers. And still somebody sees it through their pink glasses. Oh well.

On the US part, even when it was not that 'popular' in US, it was still selling more than 2M per quarter here.

Every Nokia thread there is you come in with a "LOL" and some abusive statement.

Not every manufacturer can be the biggest and not every manufacturer needs to be.  10m lumia handsets sold in the fist 5 months is perfectly reasonable.  Nokia are in transition and it seems to be going ok to most people.

Whoa, bh much? Excuse me princess, I can't help but laugh each time I'm returning here and finding just another thread of yours how great things are going in Lululumia Land while them being on verge of banrkuptcy.

Are you sure you aren't one of those marketing bots who posts everywhere nowadays?

Yes, the transition was Nokia strategy, but it utterly failed at it:

And not only ~90% of their customers left, but they're making loss with each phone, sold lots of their IP assets (and even their own HQs). Their shares were downgraded to junk status by all the agencies, and so speculations are the only reason for their volatility.

I'm done with you for now. Will return when WP9 codename `The-Next-Big-Thing-In-Line` is released (and WP8 is dumped) to watch another season of the quarterly show which runs here ;)

-this user was moderated for this post by amp316

My friend has the 920 he says that it's a really solid hardware but he complains of not having the same apps as Apple and Android.

MDMAniac said:
kowenicki said:
MDMAniac said:
> good results

LOL. Nokia is becoming 3rd grade vendor soon to be consumed by Asian manufacturers. And still somebody sees it through their pink glasses. Oh well.

On the US part, even when it was not that 'popular' in US, it was still selling more than 2M per quarter here.

Every Nokia thread there is you come in with a "LOL" and some abusive statement.

Not every manufacturer can be the biggest and not every manufacturer needs to be.  10m lumia handsets sold in the fist 5 months is perfectly reasonable.  Nokia are in transition and it seems to be going ok to most people.

Whoa, bh much? Excuse me princess, I can't help but laugh each time I'm returning here and finding just another thread of yours how great things are going in Lululumia Land. Are you sure you aren't one of those marketing bots who posts everywhere nowadays?

Yes, the transition was Nokia strategy, but it utterly failed at it:

I'm done with you for now. Will return when WP9 codename `The-Next-Big-Thing-In-Line` is released (and WP8 is dumped) to watch another season of the quarterly show which runs here ;)

very much looking forward to your next insightful post in a years time...

Wow. Really not seeing how that post was bannable. The worst thing he did was insinuate that kowen was a shill (which we all know isn't so), but that seems pretty lightweight to me. Besides his general abrasiveness, he brought facts to the table to back up his opinion, which is better than I can say of 80% of the posters on this forum.

In fact, from what I've seen, I didn't think saying anything about a company that doesn't make videogames was bannable on this site.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.