By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:261k, 3DS:230k, PS3:212k, Wii:91k, DS:86k, WiiU:67k, PSV: 33k

NintendoPie said:
Does it normally take this long for HandHeld numbers? Or are they already up and I am just oblivious?

I know cream and sugar put up a pie chart and the order of sales but I dont think he gave us a solid number for them. 'm sure someone can figure them out using the home console sales.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
VGKing said:
Otakumegane said:
Soundwave said:
Heavenly_King said:

I really hope with SS, the VITA can get more sales. The demo is really good.

I know the WiiU is doing like crap, but I only care about the Vita, which is doing worst lol. Sony needs to do something!!!

Good PS3 number :)

There's nothing Sony can do in the West for the Vita. It's done. Soul Sacrifice isn't even going to sell half of Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed.

Sadly, I agree with you.

Still see them trying for 1 last price drop in the west  at Killzone launch (which is a terrible time).

Last price drop? There hasn't even been ONE.

We all saw how well Vita sold on Black Friday at $199. With more brand awareness and a larger library of games, I think Vita can have a better holiday this year than the last.(paired with a price drop of course)

We have to remember that even the Nintendo DS wasn't an overnight success. It takes years before these products are in the mainstream consumers heads. 

Call of Duty Vita sold extremely well considering its install base and the horrible reviews. Imagine how well the next one will sell if its half-decent and the entry price for Vita is lower? 

Was that the one with a game and an 8gb memory card?

Dude, even you have to admit that Pokemon alone would have crushed this thing. Now the Winter line up on 3DS can't be beat.

The thing's deader than the WiiU. And WiiU is already doing abysmally. 

Sony will have to take some hefty losses to salvage this. And I don't think they're willing. They've already lost so much on the PS3, they can't take a couple more years taking losses on PS4 (for it's 1st 4-5 years) and Vita.

It was a 4GB memory card.

Vita doesn't need to beat 3DS to be successful. A price cut this holiday won't kill Sony. Vita will be more than a little profitable by then and a $50 price cut combined with the increase in software sales and accessories would benefit Sony in the long run.

Max King of the Wild said:

I know cream and sugar put up a pie chart and the order of sales but I dont think he gave us a solid number for them. 'm sure someone can figure them out using the home console sales.

Hopefully we'll get direct numbers sometime. 

Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
Wait... wait... wait...

GoW is undertracked and beat Gears???

And all there threads talking about how Gears destroyed GoW?

Not everyone is a native speaker. No need to be rude, dude.

NintendoPie said:
Max King of the Wild said:

Hopefully we'll get direct numbers sometime. 

psp < psv < 67k < d s < 91k... no mention of 3ds

Around the Network

I hope those Wii and Wii U numbers are switched

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
Wait... wait... wait...

GoW is undertracked and beat Gears???

And all there threads talking about how Gears destroyed GoW?

Kind of harsh if you know that ethomaz is ESL.

He usually does a good job of it, though.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

NintendoPie said:
Ail said:

The only increase WiiU got those weeks is the imaginary one VGChartz gave it as demonstrate the latest NPD..

It wasn't imaginary. I have a hard time believing that VGC is that far off on that front. SW increases HW. Don't try to disregard this.

As I've stated several times, no, not always. Vita sales and the insignificant boost from Gravity Rush and Persona 4g are perfect examples. Huge hype, great scores, still terrible hardware sales. I suspect that it's a similar case with WiiU and only Mario Kart and similar big franchises will have a notable impact.

Soundwave said:
VGKing said:
Soundwave said:
Heavenly_King said:

I really hope with SS, the VITA can get more sales. The demo is really good.

I know the WiiU is doing like crap, but I only care about the Vita, which is doing worst lol. Sony needs to do something!!!

Good PS3 number :)

There's nothing Sony can do in the West for the Vita. It's done. Soul Sacrifice isn't even going to sell half of Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed.

People don't want to play these games on the go with sub-PS3 graphics. If they want these types of games that's what their PS3/360 (soon PS4/720) and big screen TV is for. Nintendo games fit well within the confines of bite size handheld gaming, but most big PS3/360 pubs struggle.

You're wrong here. There is something Sony can do for Vita......price cut and/or Vita Slim. It will do wonders for sales if paired with a mainstream title such as the next COD game or even another Uncharted. Of course these titles are only temporary fixes and won't do much for it in the long term.(unless Vita suddenly explodes in popularity)

The huge amount of indie games coming to Vita is encouraging. These games are perfect for handheld gaming and they are cheap. 

If it was the year 2004, sure. Too bad for Sony it's 2013. World's changed, dude. Even kids don't want gaming handhelds.

People just don't want to accept it with the Wii U and Vita that the mass market has just found different interests, it's blatantly obvious.

What's so special about 2004?

Anyway Vita has so much room for improvement. To think there's nothing Sony can do to increase sales is very ignorant on your part.

Wii U is only in its 4-5th month lmfao. You really calling it dead already? There's so much room for improvement here as well. Even more so than the Vita. Worst case scenario the Wii U ends up being another Gamecube. You expect Sony/Nintendo to discontinue Wiiu/Vita or something?

If DS is exactly in the middle of the Wii and Wii U then it would seem 3ds is about 235-240k or so