By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what site should i buy my 20 ntdoy shares off

NJ5 said:
Well, a few weeks ago I was in a hurry to buy some shares, and I ended up having to wait due to the application process. Turns out it was for the best, since they're much cheaper now.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if I were you...

How long did the process take? i live in canada what website do u guys think? scotts is out cause theyr american only as far as i know..... so that leaves pink or americtrade, or etrade canada??? any canadians investing in ntdoy??

Around the Network

Doesn't your bank offer an online stock trading service? That's where I buy mine.

You should build up your savings over time in mutual funds. When you have a significant chunk, around $20000, you should open a brokerage account and switch your mutual funds into a well diversified group of stocks. Buying $1000 worth of any one stock makes no sense at all. The fees you'll be sadled with on such a small balance will eat into any returns you're making. Nintendo is a great stock to hold right now but you should never put all your money in one place.

Paul said:
You should build up your savings over time in mutual funds. When you have a significant chunk, around $20000, you should open a brokerage account and switch your mutual funds into a well diversified group of stocks. Buying $1000 worth of any one stock makes no sense at all. The fees you'll be sadled with on such a small balance will eat into any returns you're making. Nintendo is a great stock to hold right now but you should never put all your money in one place.

I disagree if i bought 20 shares when they were 54 the day before yesterday that would be $1080. I will hold untill they go up to 100 (which they will maybe a year but they will) and sell for $2000 that making a grand how will that be eaten in fees?

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

i bought mine using sharebuilder.com.
no mailing forms or anything like that.
did it all online.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

@donkeykong58
You'll pay a brokerage fee of about $25 for the purchase and then $25 for the sale. Since you have such a small balance you'll also be hit with yearly fees and since you are only making 2 trades in a year you'll be hit with inactivity fees.
You should do a little research on the fees involved through the various online brokers on such a small balance and low activity before you invest in anything. Make sure to read the small print.
Also, if you make $1000 on your trade remember that you'll owe about $230 in capital gains tax if you are in the top tax bracket in Canada.
As far as Nintendo stock doubling, it definitely could, but to think any stock is immune from risk is foolish at best.