By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is bigger- Zelda or Fable

Gugerface said:
DanneSandin said:
Gugerface said:
DanneSandin said:
Gugerface said:
Fable is much better than Zelda, but Zelda has been around for longer. Last iteration of the series says that Fable is bigger but I guess time will tell.

Better is very very subjective. I'm playing Fable right now, and have played the sequel before; I'd say it's a 7-7.5/10 series... It's great fun but it's definitely not as good as a Zelda game.

One thing that (possibly) isn't subjective is the controls though... The controls of Fable (1&2) is clunky and has sabotaged a lot for me... The only time this happened with Zelda was with SS for me; but those were great controls in other aspects.

But hey! To each their own, right? =)

Yeah, of course it is subjective. I played some TP and I'd say it is 6-6.5/10 game. Definitely not as good as Fable games, but I am sure someone likes it.

Controls on TP Wii were just awful. Fable has always been fine with controls.

Each to their own.

Haha it's weird how two different people can have such different opinions about the same thing! I understand that not everyone will think TP is great, but that thing about the controls... That's something I just won't get =) My gf agrees with me that the controls in Fable 2 is pretty bad - and she's played that game way more than me - but then you come around and says its all fine and dandy. It's just a fun observation =) just goes to show that nothing in games are objective I guess.

If we all had same opinions, the world would be quite boring place. :P

true dat!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
trollmaster85 said:
Th3PANO said:

It isn't good, never said this, i already said above that Twlight Princess porved you already wrong, it didn't do any damage to the brand.

EDIT: I'm tired of this. Bye.

Well then, how come Fable: Journey damaging the brand and killing it?

Don't jump to conclusions - nobody is claiming that. Fable IV could come out, be a masterpiece, and sell 10 million copies, but based on what we actually know, Zelda is the healthier franchise right now.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

DanneSandin said:

Why OH WHY am I getting into this discussion again???!! I MUST be crazy... Just.... Just tihs ONE response, ok?! Just ONE!!

Yep.

DanneSandin said:

How much has Fable Journey sold? Less than 1m? If people really were fans of the franchise they'd buy Kinect just to play it, using your reasoning. Which means the Fable fan base is below 1m, making Zelda the bigger franchise.

Wait a minute.

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures GC 2004 Action Nintendo 0.63 0.16 0.00 0.02 0.81

So, based on your logic - Zelda fanbase < 1m. Bravo.

trollmaster85 said:
DanneSandin said:

Why OH WHY am I getting into this discussion again???!! I MUST be crazy... Just.... Just tihs ONE response, ok?! Just ONE!!

Yep.

DanneSandin said:

How much has Fable Journey sold? Less than 1m? If people really were fans of the franchise they'd buy Kinect just to play it, using your reasoning. Which means the Fable fan base is below 1m, making Zelda the bigger franchise.

Wait a minute.

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures GC 2004 Action Nintendo 0.63 0.16 0.00 0.02 0.81

So, based on your logic - Zelda fanbase < 1m. Bravo.

Possibly, yes. At least the die hard fans. Remember when I told you that there is die hard fans, fans and then simply just gamers? I think you weren't paying any attention then, and I don't expect you to do so now either.

F0X said:

Don't jump to conclusions - nobody is claiming that. Fable IV could come out, be a masterpiece, and sell 10 million copies, but based on what we actually know, Zelda is the healthier franchise right now.

Wrong.

Right now Fable is healthier franchise. You disagree with that or you will accept what Fable was healthier franchise than Zelda in 2004. Choose wisely.

Around the Network
trollmaster85 said:

Also, looks guys.

Fable XB 2004 Role-Playing Microsoft Game Studios 1.99 0.58 0.00 0.09 2.66

Fable was bigger than Zelda since 2004 (using logic of Fable:Journey comparison and Z:SS).

Yes, you could have made that argument - back in 2005. Then TP was released and disproved this.

trollmaster85 said:

Also, looks guys.

Fable XB 2004 Role-Playing Microsoft Game Studios 1.99 0.58 0.00 0.09 2.66

Fable was bigger than Zelda since 2004 (using logic of Fable:Journey comparison and Z:SS).

Based on this, Fable was bigger until 2006, then reclaimed the throne in 2009, then lost it again in 2012.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

trollmaster85 said:

F0X said:

Wrong.

Right now Fable is healthier franchise. You disagree with that or you will accept what Fable was healthier franchise than Zelda in 2004. Choose wisely.

Back in 2004 it was a healthier franchise, but that is no longer the case. Have you really forgotten Twilight Princes?

trollmaster85 said:

F0X said:

Wrong.

I don't have a problem with that, because it's the truth.

F0X said:

Based on this, Fable was bigger until 2006, then reclaimed the throne in 2009, then lost it again in 2012.

Wow, finally something.
Now we just must wait till Fable 4 will destroy new Zelda in sales.
And it will be official again.