By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - IP banning getting out of hand

Web accelerators such as from google will cause the IP ban the quickest.

Also, clicking on pages or refresh without waiting for the first page to fully load will also trigger it. (As will opening up multiple borwsers and tabs each loading different pages...)

As long as you stick to one page at a time and always wait for it to load you shouldn't have a problem.

Around the Network

a new server? didnt you just upgrade about 6 months ago? I remember the migration being quite painful and all....

thought the current server would have been planned for expansion.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

It happened to me yesterday. I turned my modern off and then back on. I was able to enter the site after that.

I did that and it worked but after like 5 mins it happend again. Wait what if we click on links alot but not at the same time does that trigger it. It is happening alot to me for some reason. You guys seem to like get back on and are able to stay on but after a few minutes I can't access it again. That is why I have to use proxies.

Just disconnect - reconnect to your ISP. Problem solved.

Around the Network

Happened to me a couple times when trying to go through the game database to add the games I own... Never even finished going through game boy games either time. I suppose I'll add a game a day instead.

Why the hell would anyone want to attack the site? That is so lame.

It happened to me to... I surf off of a static IP so when it happens... no VGC for a good while for me(it happened around 5 sunday and I could not get back on until monday morn.)

It was pretty frustrating... Weekends are the only time I have TIME to post.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

For someone that it happens to often (and is able to get a new IP easily...), try the following right after you get IP ban....

netstat -n | find "212.241.180.60"

I use a static IP... There is no hope for me when it happens...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut