By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "An Unbiased Review" Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - A Wright Review.

SnakeDrake said:
Wright said:
SnakeDrake said:
I will get this game when its cheap. I tried the demo and I loved it, the only bad parts were Radian jokes.

Radian? You mean Raiden? xD

There's a cool easter egg in one codec conversation regarding Solid Snake. Try calling the weapon dude from Maverick (never learned his damn name) once you enter in the mansion after the ambush from the three cyborgs. That chat is hilarious.

Redownloading the demo now.

No, don't. I don't know if the demo had the codec.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Tbone said:

I have 65 hours on the game already and more will come. Also beat the game 4 times. Of course it includes the dlc since i´m going for 100% completion. In other words i love the game :)

One of my favorite games this gen.

I know many complain about it being short which is true. But given how litte time Platinum games had, they a good job.

65 HOURS! That's insane =O I don't think I'll aim for 100% on this one, but I am trying to achieve 1st rank in every single VR Mission. Which is not easy IMO.

Like i said i love the game :)

I´m working on the dlc VR. They aren´t too bad.

Wright said:

The final boss was pretty awesome, if you ask me xD

Yeah.  I liked the one before last more though.  Just my opinion.

JayWood2010 said:
Wright said:

The final boss was pretty awesome, if you ask me xD

Yeah.  I liked the one before last more though.  Just my opinion.

Yeah. The final boss had the surprise factor on his side, but the boss you're talking about had the charisma and the badass soundtrack. I'll agree with you there.

Wright said:
I forgot to say that I dedicate this review to Ethomaz =P

hoho good review... I agree in most parts... my overall score is close too (7.5/10) but it is more because I think didn't like the Platinum hack'n'slash.

The game is not design to Metal Gears fans for sure.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Wright said:

hoho good review... I agree in most parts... my overall score is close too (7.5/10) but it is more because I think didn't like the Platinum hack'n'slash.

Glad you like it. I was thinking about our discussion in the DmC vs Rising thread while I was writing the review. After beating it twice I did agree with you in certain things, and I think from a 7 to an 8 is a perfect score for this one. I did enjoy the game, even though I'm not a hack n' slash lover.

Wright said:
ethomaz said:
Wright said:

Glad you like it. I was thinking about our discussion in the DmC vs Rising thread while I was writing the review. After beating it twice I did agree with you in certain things, and I think from a 7 to an 8 is a perfect score for this one. I did enjoy the game, even though I'm not a hack n' slash lover.

Same here.  It isnt a bad game by any standard, it just isnt something Metal Gear fans want.