By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 title Devil May Cry 4 No. 1 at Japan retailer

You do realize it's MikeB and want's every excuse to say that DMC4 is going to have some sort of relative succuess against SSBB, right?

Mike, I'd think with as long as you've been here, you'd know by now that Amazon is the retard's justification for Japanese sales.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

then why did it just move up 5 places if no one can buy it

honestly i wouldnt be shocked if both were completely sold out.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I wonder if first week sales will break 200k. I know Dynasty Warriors was 150k or so. Japanese people do love their big name franchises.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

FishyJoe said:
You do realize Amazon hasn't been accepting SSBB pre-orders for a few weeks now.

You know, I can always rely on you to cherry pick (thanks for the definition, I had no idea what that meant) out stories and numbers and facts to make the Wii look amazing, and I can always rely on you to post something equally asinine on how what ever topic is being discussed is inferior to the Nintendo product line, but seriously, where the hell in the original post does it mention the Wii, SSBB or Nintendo?

That goes for all of you, it wasnt even a Sony fanboy that started this Super Smash Bro compairison but a damned Wiitard. Get over it already. DMC4 is going to sell like gang busters and SSBB is going to do good. They are not mutually exclusive.

Around the Network

Im surprised that SSBB actually ISNt that high on that amazon list as Im looking through.

Going from the reputation it should be supposedly higher.... its somewhere below Disgaea.

But my logical sense just tells me that amazon isnt the greatest indicator of how sales are going, looking forward to first day sales figures.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Why so many people bring SSBB into this thread? “MikeB“ only states the facts about DMC 4 position on Amazon.jp.

On-topic: good news for Capcom, even it's only from one retailer.

SRLemmiwinks said:
FishyJoe said:
You do realize Amazon hasn't been accepting SSBB pre-orders for a few weeks now.

You know, I can always rely on you to cherry pick (thanks for the definition, I had no idea what that meant) out stories and numbers and facts to make the Wii look amazing, and I can always rely on you to post something equally asinine on how what ever topic is being discussed is inferior to the Nintendo product line, but seriously, where the hell in the original post does it mention the Wii, SSBB or Nintendo?

zinged so hard lol.

fishyjoe sure knows how to turn everything into pretentious nintendo blabber.

SRLemmiwinks said:
FishyJoe said:

He wasn't replying to the original post. There are, however, several people in the thread wondering why SSBB isn't higher, and he answered the question. Calm down.

Heh guys, isn't this the sales forum? The original post just repeats the news article.

So, DMC4 for the PS3 sells well at Amazon, but half the comments regard a Wii game...

@ mesoteto

We bought a Wii for my kid sister, I like the Wii. Please let's not act childish.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales