By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could the rumored 500 dollar Durango price tag be an indication of a stronger GPU in the Next Xbox

So 720 more powerful than PS4 confirmed? Quick, let's fill up the sony forum with threads about these rumors!

Around the Network

I think you'd be looking well over 500, with it's rumored second APU, 8 gig's of ram and forced kinect2. It's either that or MS takes a big loss per console. Would it even be worth it? It would be held back by the other two.

THat would be an interesting turn of events. Last minute re-engineering to beef up GPU, but that would be some crazy last minute changes. I'd be worried about RROD again if true.

The 360 price was 300-400

500 today is like 425 back then plus Kinect seems like a possible price.

Maybe they decided they won't take a loss on Hardware this time.

But I very much doubt an APU Made of a 7970/ and 8 Jaguar Cores. It would be an absolutely massive and huge chip. Expensive as hell and the Xbox would be bigger than the PS3 back then.

superchunk said:
THat would be an interesting turn of events. Last minute re-engineering to beef up GPU, but that would be some crazy last minute changes. I'd be worried about RROD again if true.

From what i understand, last min CPU, GPU changes never happen. So it's always had a 7970 or it's going to release christmas 2014. My guess would be neither one is will happend. Also take into account that the 7970 is 400 dollars retail. MS might get it for 300 for buying in bulk. Still too much for one part of the system.

Around the Network

I kinda hope that PS4 will be the most powerful and most "core" console. By core console I mean that I don't care about all the multimedia and social features, the whole "entertainment hub". I just want them to focus on my games and give them the best graphics possible. And I'd rather have Sony's console do that, since I've already invested money in PS+ and refuse to pay for pure online play. Still, if MS really manages to pull this off and get a more powerful console with better social features and make Live actually worth paying for like PS+ is, Sony can be in trouble. They would only have their games to defend them and we know just how "well" they sell.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.