By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - My MMA fights

JayWood2010 said:
zorg1000 said:
JayWood2010 said:
I can't really tell to be honest.

What is your record and are you wanting to make it to the UFC?

U cant tell what? curently im 5-1 as an amateur (my only loss is a decision to a 3-1 pro). UFC is a long ways away but I do plan on goin pro and see how things go from there

I mean I can't tell how good you are in those fights from a crowds point of view.   Good job though on your record and ihope you make it far.  

I know what u mean, I wIsh I had the official footage but they wanted me to buy the dvd (screw that)but thanks alot

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

You look like many of your fights are against the same type of guy. It said featherweight so I'm assuming you are 145-ish but you look really tall (for the weight class). If I said 5'9" or 5'10" at that weight would that be right? You look like you have reach on most of the other guys.

Anyway you look like you can think on your feet and exploit really amateur mistakes. (That dude just gave up his back and didn't seem to care afterwards.) So far you have aggression and don't mind mixing it up. Those are all good.

It would actually be much more informative to know about your loss. Did you just get submitted by a better wrestler as an example? A lot of the low end amateur stuff just doesn't countfor much in my mind because while lots of people enjoy training most really don't seem to enjoy the getting hit part. When you get two guys who do not mind the hitting then things get interesting. The wheat is separated from the chafe real quick there. So far you look like wheat.

I don't mean that to sound like an ass. Most of the fights you posted were done early but it didn't really seem like they absorb knock out punches or that you had some amazing punching power. They guys maybe even looked like they just gassed out from nerves in less than a round or they didn't enjoy getting punched.

Back when I played football it was a similar thing. I'd see all these guys out there and they would get all wide-eyed and make the crazy growls and totally act the part but when they got hit, you could just see they didn't like it. Other folks you saw just the opposite. They felt and gave the impact and the thinking was plain, "Oh yeah baby, this is it! It's on!" So far you seem to have fought guys that just didn't seem to want to absorb any real punishment which isn't uncommon at that level. Just my two cents.

el_gallo said:
You look like many of your fights are against the same type of guy. It said featherweight so I'm assuming you are 145-ish but you look really tall (for the weight class). If I said 5'9" or 5'10" at that weight would that be right? You look like you have reach on most of the other guys.

Anyway you look like you can think on your feet and exploit really amateur mistakes. (That dude just gave up his back and didn't seem to care afterwards.) So far you have aggression and don't mind mixing it up. Those are all good.

It would actually be much more informative to know about your loss. Did you just get submitted by a better wrestler as an example? A lot of the low end amateur stuff just doesn't countfor much in my mind because while lots of people enjoy training most really don't seem to enjoy the getting hit part. When you get two guys who do not mind the hitting then things get interesting. The wheat is separated from the chafe real quick there. So far you look like wheat.

I don't mean that to sound like an ass. Most of the fights you posted were done early but it didn't really seem like they absorb knock out punches or that you had some amazing punching power. They guys maybe even looked like they just gassed out from nerves in less than a round or they didn't enjoy getting punched.

Back when I played football it was a similar thing. I'd see all these guys out there and they would get all wide-eyed and make the crazy growls and totally act the part but when they got hit, you could just see they didn't like it. Other folks you saw just the opposite. They felt and gave the impact and the thinking was plain, "Oh yeah baby, this is it! It's on!" So far you seem to have fought guys that just didn't seem to want to absorb any real punishment which isn't uncommon at that level. Just my two cents.

I agree with everything u said, all my oppponents ive beaten simply didnt know how to handle adversity and thats why ive had trouble gauging where im at in terms of skill, I dominate these low tier oponents but the only legit fighter ive faced beat me. My loss was a decision loss to a more seasoned fighter and was more aggressive. The first round was pretty close although he outlanded me standing but I got a takedown with about 30 seconds left. The round we traded standing and he was getting the better of it so I went for a takedown and wound up on bottom and he finished the round with some nice ground n pound and I tried for an armbar but it wasnt tight enough. The 3rd round he poured it on and was blitIng me with combos and I was starting to gas, I went for a sloppy takedown and had to settle for guard. The last minute of the fight I wad just in survival mode doing anything I could to not get stopped. I lost 30-27 to someone that was slightly better at boxing, wrestling, aggresion and cardio.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Also u are right about my height/weight im 5'10" and usually weigh about 157-160 at 10-12% bf and during a 5-6 week fight campget down to 150-52 range so I only cut about 5 pounds. The bigger guys in the weight class usually walk around at 165-170 and diet to 155-158 so I have some room to build muscle while staying in the same weight division. And ur also correct about me not having devastating KO power, so I try to pick my oppponents apart with well timed jabs, leg kicks and straight rights. I was a decent wrestler in high school so that helps me stay standing if an opponent tries to take me down or get the fight to the ground if im losing standing. Thanks for ur input el gallo

GSP RULES!! nuf said.