By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Studios’ creative director defends always-online Xbox 720

I use to work for MS a long time ago and I can safely say that this guy will be on a very hot plate.  MS do not allow their employees to make any statements about MS that has not gone through proper channels.  This type of stuff gets you fired in a heart beat so it will be interesting how this all turns out.  MS does monitor twitter and other places where employees can express their opinion and its strictly taboo to do what this guy has done.  Even if he is only making fun of people and enjoying the ride, from personal experience, this will not go over well.

I feel sorry for the guy if he does lose his job over somethig like this.  There are some people at MS that do not read those thick policy documents but since it is a responsiblity of the employee, it will not stop the hammer.

Around the Network
D-Minaj225 said:
"Why on earth would I live there?" made me lol

2nd i hope it is real because that would make that line even funnier

Not gonna lie, but a always onlne 720 would make me consider a PS4. I've had electricity all the time outside of hurricane recovery periods, but Internet has been known to go down once in awhile for more then just a few minutes.

Also this doesn't bode well for non-high speed consumers at all.

It's just that simple.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Developer on Xbox 720 always-online: "All I can say is be sure to pay your ISP bills"

http://www.gamechup.com/developer-on-xbox-720-always-online-all-i-can-say-is-be-sure-to-pay-your-isp-bills/

A developer who goes by the name Mr. Lake on EvilAvatar forums has posted that: “Given that legally I cannot confirm or deny if this information is true, nor can I comment on rumor or speculation, all I can say is be sure to pay your ISP bills.”

So who is he, actually? Well with a little snooping, it has been revealed that he is a Senior Designer at The Workshop Entertainment. Here’s his LinkedIn profile.

You can also find Mr. Lake’s Xbox profile here. So now even developers are hinting that Microsoft will absolute go with always-online requirement, and considering the highly credible Edge also said the same thing, the Xbox 720 reveal in May should be highly entertaining.

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
Developer on Xbox 720 always-online: "All I can say is be sure to pay your ISP bills"

http://www.gamechup.com/developer-on-xbox-720-always-online-all-i-can-say-is-be-sure-to-pay-your-isp-bills/

A developer who goes by the name Mr. Lake on EvilAvatar forums has posted that: “Given that legally I cannot confirm or deny if this information is true, nor can I comment on rumor or speculation, all I can say is be sure to pay your ISP bills.”

So who is he, actually? Well with a little snooping, it has been revealed that he is a Senior Designer at The Workshop Entertainment. Here’s his LinkedIn profile.

You can also find Mr. Lake’s Xbox profile here. So now even developers are hinting that Microsoft will absolute go with always-online requirement, and considering the highly credible Edge also said the same thing, the Xbox 720 reveal in May should be highly entertaining.

I hope they gave credit since it was a gaf user who did the investigating but yep plot thickens

and on an additional note Gameinformer just ran this whole twitter incident as well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I won't sold over 20 millions LTD if they required online
It won't only kick out customers can't online/don't wanna online,it will also kick out people who even 99.9% of the time can/would connect the console to the internet,because they always think about that 0.1% possibility.mind games.

D-Joe said:
I won't sold over 20 millions LTD if they required online
It won't only kick out customers can't online/don't wanna online,it will also kick out people who even 99.9% of the time can/would connect the console to the internet,because they always think about that 0.1% possibility.mind games.

Also if i'm mattrick/ballmer i will fire this guy,no matter how nice is he
Zero tolerate for me like this,he just basically ruined MS's plan

I don't even see the advantage for MS with a required connection.

It won't affect me since my connection has been very solid the past 4 years and everything in my house is always on from the day I buy it anyway. But I do know that this might be a problem for 50% of the market. So, why do you risk 50% of your market?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I don't think it will be that bad tbh even if they go this route..I'm guessing IF they are gonna do it they will do it with some other 'incentives' to entice the core gamer crowd....time will tell

speaking of time...this was fast

For those who don't know..this is a persona of his of sorts...don't take it seriously 

ps: make sure to check out the ending even if you skip through the rest of the vid

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!